Sign in to follow this  
flanders

How to watch the Mac Tournament

getting to this as I can while at work, from what I can see over at track, we've won all of our matches so far. Unfortunately I see where Bohlken is going to be taking on Stencil here in a bit - we all pretty much know how that's going to go. Have seen any info yet on Wisman and Koelling's first bouts.

14 minutes ago, Joedog3 said:

getting to this as I can while at work, from what I can see over at track, we've won all of our matches so far. Unfortunately I see where Bohlken is going to be taking on Stencil here in a bit - we all pretty much know how that's going to go. Have seen any info yet on Wisman and Koelling's first bouts.

I misheard the loudspeaker on the video feed it was Old Dominion's Jacob BULLOCK (not Bohlken) wrestling Stencil.

Holy Shoot! What a come back for the pin by Valdiviez!! (Man, I thought he was going to get his arm torn clean out of his shoulder in the first the way it was getting wrenched on)

as of this writing, Tigers are 10-1 in the tournament (Koelling the lone loss; Valdiviez with two wins). Tigers leading the pack with 27 team points

• Like 1

Bohlken wrestling: tie up, step, tie up, head slap, tie up, step, step, head slap, step, tie up, step, step, tie up, head slap, tie up,...

Edited by Joedog3
  • Haha 1

I think they wrestled well today. They looked much better today than they looked all year. Mocco got robbed though and Koelling looked a bit out of it today. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, flanders said:

It looks like the day 2 links provided by Mizzou's Facebook page aren't working.

My broken record: I sure wish Mizzou could have made it into the Big 10 back in the day vs. the SEC. I know Pinkel wanted the SEC for football reasons, but it's so ugh when it comes to wrestling and that we've got to do our thing in the MAC.

• Like 1

looking at the time and that there's still quite a bit of wrestling that has to take place before the championship bouts - here's hoping ESPN+ shows the third place bouts (Leeth, maybe Mocco -leading right now)

125 - Valdiviez will be wrestling for 5th place

133 - Hart for 1st

141 - Leeth for 3rd

149 - Mauller for 1st

157 - Jacques for 1st

165 - Mocco for 3rd

174 - Flynn for 3rd

184 - Wisman for 1st

197 - Koelling - out

HWT- Bohlken for 7th

6 hours ago, Joedog3 said:

My broken record: I sure wish Mizzou could have made it into the Big 10 back in the day vs. the SEC. I know Pinkel wanted the SEC for football reasons, but it's so ugh when it comes to wrestling and that we've got to do our thing in the MAC.

Don’t think Pinkel had anything to do with moving at all.  That was Alden.  Think Alden wanted to go to big 10 but felling was apparently not reciprocated.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spartanfan01 said:

Without looking at the auto berths, Mocco is he the only one that should get a WC into NCAAS 

I don't know enough to know about should vs. shouldn't, but mutigers.com indicates that Valdiviez would be the other Mizzou wrestler waiting for a wild card.

Overall, given the season, I think it was solid tournament for Tigerstyle. I'm guessing one of the more significant disappointments was Koelling who lost to Old Dominion's Timothy Young. Koelling had beat him in sudden victory previously (12/29/19).  He majored SIUE's Aric Bohn, but tech-falled him just last month. Koelling then lost his third match, 3-1, to Cleveland State's Benjamin Smith, who Koelling lost to in sudden victory in January. Aside from the obvious of Mauller, Hart and Flynn really put in very nice work. Wisman did well, although his championship bout was disappointing; I didn't think he wrestled his best there coming up short against the 4th seed, Brit Wilson of NIU. (Interesting that the top seed, #18 at Intermat, Bloomsburg's Trevor Allard finished in 5th place.) Jacques' 4-0 loss in the finals was to #5 ranked (Intermat) Jesse Dellavecchia (Rider) who's only had two losses all season.  Big shout out too to Grant Leeth who is some kind of amazing just finding the will-power to keep doing it after all the injuries. He was a 5th seed who took third place.

• Like 1

It will be a very long shot for Valdiviez to get a Wild Card as 125 had a large group of wrestlers who earned AQ's get upset and Valdiviez did not earn an AQ.

Koelling on the other hand earned an AQ and 197 had very few upsets so he should get a Wild Card. Mocco's chances should be good as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MLBRUEM said:

It will be a very long shot for Valdiviez to get a Wild Card as 125 had a large group of wrestlers who earned AQ's get upset and Valdiviez did not earn an AQ.

Koelling on the other hand earned an AQ and 197 had very few upsets so he should get a Wild Card. Mocco's chances should be good as well.

That'll be a bummer if Valdiviez doesn't get a bid. I've been down on Mizzou's 125 lbers for years, including the crop that we have now. But, he's really been wrestling well as of late.