Winnetonka 2019

58 minutes ago, flanders said:

It's a bummer that CBC doesn't do this tournament. A lot of the top teams in Missouri will be competing there. It looks like CBC will be wrestling in Illinois instead. That's not good when we're trying to grow the sport here. Just my .02.

With the success they've had, I'd defer to Doc Rock and Coach Robinson. It would appear that they are doing a pretty good job of getting their team ready for the postseason. 

7 minutes ago, Warren Haynes said:

With the success they've had, I'd defer to Doc Rock and Coach Robinson. It would appear that they are doing a pretty good job of getting their team ready for the postseason. 

I get that. They're a great team. It just doesn't help the sport locally when they don't wrestle here in Missouri very much. They don't even dual here much.

58 minutes ago, Warren Haynes said:

They host their own dual meet tournament and only two other teams from Missouri decided to go. 

Tell your Head Coach to call Coach Streb and get into their dual tournament. 

Seckman was supposed to dual them and it got canceled. 

2 hours ago, Warren Haynes said:

But look at that Oak Park- River Forest tournament. Man that is some amazing competition. We could, possibly, see Keegan O'Toole vs. Josh Saunders. 

I guess that's my point. They'll be wrestling at a place that nobody locally will be watching, except on flo. But they skip a dual locally that would've had some great matches for the local fans to enjoy. It helps to grow the sport. I'm not saying they are doing anything wrong it's just a bummer for us that like to go and watch.

On 1/16/2019 at 10:23 AM, flanders said:

It's a bummer that CBC doesn't do this tournament. A lot of the top teams in Missouri will be competing there. It looks like CBC will be wrestling in Illinois instead. That's not good when we're trying to grow the sport here. Just my .02.

TBF KC teams have hardly ever participated in any STL tournaments. To my knowledge, PH has never done any STL tournaments. Meanwhile, Winnetonka has seen its fair share of top tier STL teams over the years.  

1 hour ago, lashotgun said:

TBF KC teams have hardly ever participated in any STL tournaments. To my knowledge, PH has never done any STL tournaments. Meanwhile, Winnetonka has seen its fair share of top tier STL teams over the years.  

Eureka, Marquette, Seckman, Lafayette, and Francis Howell Central were all at Winnetonka. Nixa and Lebanon made a long trip to Lafayette. Staley dropped out of the Ron Sauer tournament this year. I never really thought about it but you're right, those top teams never really come out to St Louis.