2015 Missouri Border Brawl

Short answer, yes. Clayton said that he had to cut weight to make 139#. What if Brock doesn't cut to make flat 132#. Fudge Tunnel if you couldn't see the size difference between the 2 as well as other wrestlers, well I don't know what to tell you.

MO was heavier at 113, 126 & 132. MO was lighter at 160#. Flynn look good for a minute but just got overpowered.

I expected Clayton to win that match for 2 reason, size difference and because Jaydin style is unorthodox at times and can throw even the best wrestlers off. I will say I thought Jaydin looked good against Brock, wrestled more fundamental this time around.

To my way of thinking, if both wrestlers make weight, regardless of how much they did or didn't have to cut, the match is a legitimate contest and as relevant as any other. Jaydin made weight and won decisively against a top ranked wrestler and to say that is without meaning seems pretty silly to me. After reading year after year all the belittling commentary about how this or that Jaydin Clayton accomplishment doesn't really count because he's only a class 1 wrestler and would get his ass handed to him as soon as he wrestled a "real" wrestler I find it kind of funny that when he does, and does it decisively in front of all of us, it doesn't count because he cut weight and was picking on a "little guy". Pretty sure all those other wins by all those other wrestlers who cut weight still count.

Congratulations Jaydin. Well done. We can't wait to watch you taking care of business in a Mizzou singlet.

• Like 1
Clayton Beat Boo

Thanks for the correction, I got the names (Lewallen & Jeffries) mixed up. I think the matchup still would've been better due to them being the same weight. I can't imagine Boo wouldn't want a shot at revenging that loss.

Cons. Semi: Jaydin Clayton (Eierman Elite) over Boo Lewallen (Yukon High School) (Dec 2-1)

It's not about hating. My point is that Jaydin would've been challenged wrestling Boo Lewallen vs Kaid Brock. If that's hating so be it.

Davion Jefferies is a tricky wrestler, he has knocked off some #1's this year, I think he is going to Oklahoma State. I was watching the live feed and think I saw him at the Border Brawl last night. The match between him and Jaydin was awesome to watch. They wrestled again at Super 32, he rolled Jaydins ankle and that match ended with a pin for Jefferies. Jaydin injury defaulted the rest of the tournament which dropped him to 6th or 8th if my memory isn't failing me.

Davion Jefferies is a tricky wrestler, he has knocked off some #1's this year, I think he is going to Oklahoma State. I was watching the live feed and think I saw him at the Border Brawl last night. The match between him and Jaydin was awesome to watch. They wrestled again at Super 32, he rolled Jaydins ankle and that match ended with a pin for Jefferies. Jaydin injury defaulted the rest of the tournament which dropped him to 6th or 8th if my memory isn't failing me.

DJ is a awesome kid too. He comes to KC and works out with Ke-Shawn at least 4 times a year. It was good to see him get that loss back against Krivus at Dapper Dan. DJ & the 126# wrestler (Pupp Simmons) that competed against Basler are family friends of ours and we'll be traveling together to the NCAAs.

That was a freak accident when Jaydin wrestled DJ. Jaydin & DJ have a long history and has wrestled 3 times since HS. DJ will be attending OU.

Have to agree with some of the comments about the Brock/Clayton match. He had to outweigh Brock by a lot. That being said he handled business and got the win. Everyone in Oklahoma figures Brock to be a 125 pounder in College. What does Clayton plan on wrestling at Mizzou?

DJ is a awesome kid too. He comes to KC and works out with Ke-Shawn at least 4 times a year. It was good to see him get that loss back against Krivus at Dapper Dan. DJ & the 126# wrestler (Pupp Simmons) that competed against Basler are family friends of ours and we'll be traveling together to the NCAAs.

That was a freak accident when Jaydin wrestled DJ. Jaydin & DJ have a long history and has wrestled 3 times since HS. DJ will be attending OU.

I agree, definitely a freak accident. Why didn't your boy wrestle at the Border Brawl? I would have liked watching him!

Stillwater kids

Many of the Stillwater kids wrestled up a weight this year. Brock was actually a 126 but wrestled up during the season as they had another good 126 but Brock would be able to compete at 132. Smith is actually a 160 but moved up also. Stillwater had 2 very good 152 so they moved everyone up a weight to get both the 152 guys in the lineup.

Many of the Stillwater kids wrestled up a weight this year. Brock was actually a 126 but wrestled up during the season as they had another good 126 but Brock would be able to compete at 132. Smith is actually a 160 but moved up also. Stillwater had 2 very good 152 so they moved everyone up a weight to get both the 152 guys in the lineup.

Brock would not of wrestled 126# this year, he's outgrown that weight. He wrestled up during the 2013-2014 season for the team as well as the fact that John Smith wanted him to get bigger. Originally, Brock was going to wrestle 125# for OSU but then they recruited Nick Piccininni so now he's focused on being a solid 133#. At WNO, there was a 7# allowance so making "126#" was not an issue for him.

Brock would not of wrestled 126# this year, he's outgrown that weight. He wrestled up during the 2013-2014 season for the team as well as the fact that John Smith wanted him to get bigger. Originally, Brock was going to wrestle 125# for OSU but then they recruited Nick Piccininni so now he's focused on being a solid 133#. At WNO, there was a 7# allowance so making "126#" was not an issue for him.
Just going by what I was told by one of Stillwater team parents.
Just going by what I was told by one of Stillwater team parents.

Understood. I talk to Brock every time we attend the same event. In fact, I spoke with him during the NCAAs. I've known Brock for a long time. I didn't ask him about the Brawl because I didn't think about it. I know he wrestled 126# about a year ago but even then, the event gave a weight allowance.

Kaid Brock has a problem wrestling 133 at OSU and his name is Gary Wayne Harding.

Kaid Brock has a problem wrestling 133 at OSU and his name is Gary Wayne Harding.

Also, he's going to have to beat out Boo Lewallen.

125# Eddie Klimara & Nick Piccicinni

133# GW Harding & Boo Lewallen

Either weight is an uphill battle. I know he beat Nick at WNO but it was a close match. The advantage that Brock had over Nick is that Brock has been in the OSU room for sometime and Nick hasn't been in a college room.

Also, he's going to have to beat out Boo Lewallen.

125# Eddie Klimara & Nick Piccicinni

133# GW Harding & Boo Lewallen

Either weight is an uphill battle. I know he beat Nick at WNO but it was a close match. The advantage that Brock had over Nick is that Brock has been in the OSU room for sometime and Nick hasn't been in a college room.

I believe Kaid will redshirt and then try for the 125 spot. To small for 133 and Gary Wayne and little Crutch would beat him now. Not sure what Boo ends up with. Probably redshirt and then shoot for 141.

I believe Kaid will redshirt and then try for the 125 spot. To small for 133 and Gary Wayne and little Crutch would beat him now. Not sure what Boo ends up with. Probably redshirt and then shoot for 141.

My info is based off of talking to both Boo and Kaid but things are subject to change.