Thread: Chris Wallace, Card-Carrying Democrat?

Default Chris Wallace, Card-Carrying Democrat?

Chris Wallace, Card-Carrying Democrat?
    By Amy Argetsinger and Roxanne Roberts
    Wednesday, October 11, 2006
    Washington Post, Page C03

In Sunday's New York Times Magazine, reporter Deborah Solomon asked "Fox News Sunday" anchor Chris Wallace what political party he belonged to. His answer: "None of your business."

Oh, please. Ever heard of a little thing called public records? After five minutes of exhaustive research, we found that Wallace is a registered Democrat and has been for more than two decades.

Wallace's political leanings were called into question by a red-faced Bill Clinton, who accused him of a "nice conservative little hit job" after Wallace asked a probing question about his administration's pursuit of Osama bin Laden . Clinton exploded in -- depending on your politics -- (a) a fit of righteous anger or (b) a premeditated display of Democratic mau-mauing.

The District resident says his party affiliation is driven by simple pragmatism: "The reason I'm a registered Democrat is that in Washington, D.C., there is really only one party," Wallace told us yesterday. "If you want a say in who's going to be the next mayor or councilman, you have to vote in the Democratic primary." (No offense intended, we're sure, to GOP D.C. Council rep Carol Schwartz or independent David Catania , who was first elected as a Republican.)

Wallace is a regular at his local polling place, and says he's voted for members of both parties. "Look, some people think [journalists] shouldn't vote at all -- I think that's a little silly. . . . However I vote personally, I think I'm professional enough that it doesn't have anything to do with the way I cover the news."

As they always say: Fair and balanced, people.

8)

My thought:

The national media personalities are like actors........They don't live in the real world and I don't look towards them to base my view or to make a decision which way to vote.

It's more like a soap opera in prime time!!!!!!

What was it that Clinton said? That Wallace did a "right-wing attack" on him? Even if he leans to the right side, his willing participation in the Democratic party should indicate that he is not a right-wing attack dog.
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do."

Quote Originally Posted by RP-in-Nebraska
    What was it that Clinton said? That Wallace did a "right-wing attack" on him? Even if he leans to the right side, his willing participation in the Democratic party should indicate that he is not a right-wing attack dog.
    A normal thought process would led to that........However, it is clear that Clinton was grandstanding to get the Party moving just before the November elections....