Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MO AAU STATE at the CHAIFETZ ARENA STL

Default MO AAU STATE at the CHAIFETZ ARENA STL

Missouri AAU State Tournament

www.moaaustate.com

To all wrestling fans:

It is my pleasure to announce the this year’s MO AAU State Tournament will be held at the Chaifetz Arena. I would like to thank all who helped search for a new venue along with the Chaifetz team for making this possible. This tournament hosts both a high school and youth division on February 27, 2011

The Chaifetz Arena is conveniently located in St. Louis’s historic Midtown district, just minutes from downtown, on the northwest corner of Compton Ave and Forest Park Parkway/ Market St. It is a 10,600 seat multi-purpose facility that opened its doors in April 2008, and is home to Saint Louis University men’s and women’s basketball and women’s volleyball.

With great viewing and ample seating, this year’s tournament will use a bull pen to distribute the bouts across 25 mat surfaces.
    This should be a wonderful and exciting experience for the kids…

Please help me get the word out.
    Mike Kreh
    info@moaaustate.com
    This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
    "To be the man...you have to beat the man!!"

Great job!!! Its great to see this event finally get out of a high and where it should be!!

Thumbs up

Is admission really free to watch?

Wow this will be great!!!

Sounds cool.

Where will weigh-ins be held?

Also the AAU website still shows the state tournament being held at the The Club in Chesterfield.

Just want to say great job to the people who went out and secured this facility. I think it will be a huge improvement to the tournament. And thank you for going to the bullpen system. That will mean no more crowds of little kids all over the edges of the mat. We are excited and I am sure the attendance will increase.

The only downfall is that we won't be able to bring gatorades and snacks in for the kids and I am sure the concession prices will be outragous. Oh well, you have to take the bad with the good.

The only question I have is that the website states that "prohibited items" include bags/backpacks. I would guess that they are not going to enforce that rule at this event?

Default bags

Bags will be fine as long as they get checked...this is a wrestling event and they know it!!
    "To be the man...you have to beat the man!!"

Talking parking at Chaifetz

A quick warning - I attended a high school graduation there, and parking was HIDEOUS!!! It wasn't long after a knee surgery for me, and I was not allowed to use my 'crippled chick' pass in their lot (yes, it's a permanent disabled pass - for some reason the people 'helping' to direct traffic would not let me access any of the available disabled spots in the lot next to the building) and we were forced to walk several blocks from a parking garage down the street. Hopefully the friendly chat I had with their event coordinator cleared up any questions he might have had regarding this matter - lol Good luck to all the kids wrestling & all the spectators trying to get there!
    .......I think I'll try defying gravity.......

Default Parking Map

Chaifetz Parking Diagram

I count at least 3,000 spaces within a 7 minute walk of the arena...of course, they claim 7 minutes is 2200 feet, or almost half a mile...

So that's 3000 spaces for 10,600 capacity! No Problem, assuming all lots are empty to start with, there's no employees working, and only people sitting in seats are allowed to park, and there's an average of over 3 people per car :)

ok...parking will be...fun...but better than it would have been and the arena will be in a real arena. so...

Thank you for securing it.

Quote Originally Posted by rebsiot View Post
    So that's 3000 spaces for 10,600 capacity! No Problem, assuming all lots are empty to start with, there's no employees working, and only people sitting in seats are allowed to park, and there's an average of over 3 people per car :)
    There are 1268 entries listed on the website. So if each wrestler and their family drives together that's 1268 vehicles. Say that each of those wrestlers have grandparents or other family come to watch, or that mom and dad have to drive in two different vehicles, so let's double that and we're at 2536 vehicles. Add 64 vehicles for officials and tournament workers that don't have kids wrestling, and there will be 400 empty parking spots. I'm looking forward to the tournament! Thanks to everyone who is responsible for making it happen!

DD