Odessa has been one of the top Class 2 teams in the Kansas City area for about a decade now.
They have continued that trend this season as the Bulldogs are currently ranked as the No. 2 boys wrestling team according to the MissouriWrestling.com poll. They showed their dominance in a tri dual against Harrisonville and Kansas City Center Tuesday at Center High School.
- Harrisonville’s Lauren Dale (145)
- Harrisonville’s Katelyn Miller (130)
- Harrisonville’s Bailey Reynolds (120)
- Odessa’s Landon Scarborough (106)
- Odessa’s Brady Jones (120)
- Odessa’s Ava Sanders (135)
- Odessa’s Addison Eddleman (110)
- Odessa’s Payton Coe (105)
- Odessa’s Zane Palmer (175)
Odessa defeated Harrisonville 69-6 and Center 78-6. The Wildcats took down the Yellowjackets 75-6 in the other dual.
Zane Palmer (175 pounds), who is ranked No. 1 in his weight class in Class 2, had a potential state championship preview match with No. 2-ranked Kale Weber and he won in sudden victory 2-1.
“Team is wrestling really well right now,” Palmer said. “We got a lot of momentum moving forward. We just won conference last week and we are fired up.
“I got the takedown but it wasn’t pretty. I got the win, though, and that’s what counts.”
While Palmer got a narrow victory against a tough opponent, No. 2-ranked Brady Jones dominated, pinning Center’s Jackson Vernon and getting a 8-0 major decision against Harrisonville’s Luke DeVenney.