With the MOUSA Boys and Girls Freestyle State tournament just a week away, the Fight or Flight Tournament gave local wrestlers an opportunity to face off against some of the best wrestlers in the Midwest.
The tournament is hosted by Growrestling.org, owned by Joe Williamson. The tournament featured a cadet and junior boys freestyle division, a kids freestyle division, a boys Greco division, a under-23 men’s division and a girls freestyle division.
Wrestler Video Interviews include:
- Jonathan Ward, College of the Ozarks (79 KG, 23U)
- Dalton Wade, Maysville, Missouri (70 KG, 23U)
- Daryus Webb, Avila University (86-92 KG, 23U)
- Hunter Taylor, Liberty (120, juniors)
- Cooper Rider, Liberty (126, juniors)
- Mario Quezeda, Missouri Valley (125, 23U)
- Parker Leverknight, Staley (113, cadet)
- Gavin Parks, Grain Valley (126, cadet)
- Merrick Murray, Staley (160, cadet)
- Brady Roark, Seneca (132, juniors)
- Brayden Bush, Pleasant Hill (182, juniors)
- Sam Ewing, Pleasant Hill (138, juniors)
- Gavin Gallman, Fort Osage (220, juniors)
- Wade Stanton, Mid-Buchanan (195, juniors)
- Lucas Estes, St. Michael The Archangel Catholic (152, cadet)
- Derek Johnson, Hoxie, Kansas (160, juniors)
- Noah Rogers, Willard (145, cadet)
- Sebastian Lopez, Garden City, Kansas (285, juniors)
- Caleb Groff, Oak Grove (285, juniors)
MissouriWrestling.com will break down the boys and under-23 men’s freestyle division, which occurred during the afternoon on Saturday. The recap of each division is below.
94: Kaison Schreier of Kansas City won both of his matches, one by fall and one by tech fall against Landon Lane of Peculiar to win his weight class.