For wrestlers and fans who love to see throws, this tournament was for them.
Some of the best high school wrestlers in the state competed in the MOUSA Boys Greco State tournament Sunday at the Mathewson Exhibition Center in Sedalia.
It was an opportunity for some boys to make the state teams in both freestyle and Greco, while it gave others a chance to make the team if they missed out on qualifying for the Missouri USA Freestyle team.
- : Staley’s David Gleason (132, cadet)
- : Nixa’s Zan Fuggitt (132, juniors)
- : Belton’s Brady Littleton (138, juniors)
- : Poplar Bluff’s Logan Hite (182, juniors)
- : Grain Valley’s Brock Smith (126, juniors)
- : St. Pius X’s Rylan Kuhn (220, cadet)
- : Park Hill’s Erik Egstad (100, cadet)
- : St. Pius X’s Jackson Rotterman (182, cadet)
- : St. Pius X’s Marco Dalakishvili (138, cadet)
- : Lebanon’s Zach Smith (285, juniors)
- : Ozark’s Braxton Strick (152, juniors)
- : Sedalia Smith-Cotton’s Josiah Oliver (170, juniors)
The winners of each cadet and junior weight class qualified for the state team. All the national teams will compete at the Fargo Challenge Tournament on June 19. The junior teams will also compete in the Junior Duals in Tulsa, Okla., and the two cadet teams will compete in the Cadet Duals in Love Park, Illinois.
Below is a summary of how each weight class turned out at the high school level: