Some of the best high girls school wrestlers in the state competed in the MOUSA Girls Freestyle State tournament Sunday at the Mathewson Exhibition Center in Sedalia.
The girls national dual teams will be selected the week following freestyle state by the National Team Coaching Staff. State placement does not guarantee a spot but will be used as one of multiple criteria in selecting teams.
- : Lebanon’s Jessa Joiner (117, cadet)
- : Festus’ Lauren Mills (132, juniors)
- : DeSoto’s Hannah Eberhardt (164, juniors)
- : Parkway West’s Paige Wehrmeister (138, juniors)
- : Springfield Central’s Catherine Dutton (200, juniors)
- : Francis Howell Central’s Kennedy Eggering (225, juniors)
The top four in each weight class in the state tournament qualified to be on the girls state Fargo team.
Below is a summary of how each weight class turned out at the high school level at the tournament:
100: Eureka’s Lilly McCollum won twice, once by tech fall and once by pin to take first place.
- 1st Place – Lilly McCollum of Team Valkyrie
- 2nd Place – Becca Waterman of HPWA
- 3rd Place – Sara Keeton of Team Valkyrie
106: Blue Springs South’s Gabby Hampton got through a tough bracket in which she pinned St. Joseph Lafayette’s Isa-Bella Mendoza and won by decision over Park Hill South’s Aniya Coleman 12-6 to take first place.