Missouri will be in a dogfight to finish as high as they can in the range of likely fifth to tenth. It would take a truly special performance to make the podium as a team this season. Every win and bonus point will be huge in the team race.
My outlook here is pretty close to the high end of best possible Missouri finishes, but I feel like they did not peak at MACs and will be at their very best at NCAAs.
There will undoubtedly be some lows and Missouri should be very happy with 6 to 8 first round winners and more than four quarterfinalists here.
I am excited to see how the Tigers close out their season here. I will have some articles coming out between sessions looking at potential match-ups and assessing performances round by round.
MIZZOU WRESTLER BREAKDOWN:
- Thoughts on draw: Zach Elam got a tough draw. Voss in the first round is solid, but if Elam is on his game I like him to win a close one and advance.
- Thoughts on draw: I like Dylan Wisman’s draw just fine. In the first round Wisman will have Caffey who is really quick and is solid upper body.
- Thoughts on draw: Daniel Lewis got a fairly good draw in my opinion. He should score bonus points in each of his first two bouts.
- Thoughts on seed fairness: The 15 seed is pretty fair for Connor Flynn who took an unexpected loss in the MAC semis before coming back strong for third.
- Thoughts on seed fairness: My initial reaction is that the seed is not bad, and given his early season losses is likely fair for his total body or work. That said the Jarrett Jacques that just beat #7…
- Mauller got about as high of a seed as he possibly could have gotten. Going in my expectation was somewhere between a 4 and 8 seed. Mauller went 6-2 vs. the field here.
- Prediction of placement: 2nd. Really anything from 1st to 5th, would not stun me depending on how the bracket breaks out, but Jaydin Eierman is a top four guy at this weight
- John Erneste ended up about as high as he potentially could with his resume. The highest I could have seen him was potentially at a 7
- Thoughts on seed fairness: Dack Punke went 3-7 against the field with wins over #18 Schroder, #22 Schwarm and #31 West. His loss to West at MACs, as well as his 11-10 record likely doomed him to be seeded about where he is. The seed seemed about right.