Cael Sanderson. When you think of that name, you think perfection. 159-0 winning four consecutive NCAA titles in college at Iowa State. In this write-up, we will review the Asics Men’s Cael v6.0 Wrestling Shoe and try to figure out how it fares in terms of performance, durability, and flexibility. Here is our full review:
The Asics Men’s Cael v6.0 Wrestling Shoe at a Glance
One look at the Cael v6.0 and you will know that it will look great on the mat. Closer inspections should reveal a brilliantly designed layout. There are 6 variants in all and the colors compliment each other beautifully. They not only serve the purpose of keeping you agile (more on that later), they are fashionable and trendy at the same time. You could easily choose a model that suits your singlet color or team color.
Coming to the build quality, you feel that it is pretty solid when you hold them in your hands. The synthetic escaine used feels premium and rugged, and the rubber outsole seems sturdy and thick enough to last long. All in all, we were pretty satisfied with our impressions of the model. With this, let’s find out how the shoe does performance and feature wise.
Notable Features and Technology Used in the Cael v6.0
Let’s dive deeper into a few notable features of the Cael v6.0:
- The Ecsaine and Open Mesh Upper – Asics have made sure to build the upper with carefully selected materials that are soft enough to provide you with maximum comfort. What’s more important is their property to stick to your feet well. Every time you make a quick move, it’s important for your shoes to respond well. And the Cael achieves this to perfection with it’s Ecsaine upper architecture. The long terms benefits have also been extensively researched and kept in mind. Ecsaine materials offer great durability, so you can expect your product to go the distance, no matter how much of a busy fighter you are.
- Enhanced ComforDry Sockliner – If there is no adequate cushioning support in your shoe, the discomfort is sure to get into your head midway through your workout. Thankfully enough, the Cael v6.0 comes studded with enough cushioning. The design also helps keep the area around your sock line drier and cooler – something that is of the essence during high-intensity matches. It’s safe to say that you’ll have no distractions and discomforts with the Cael v6.0.
- Rugged RC Rubber Outsole – Engineers at Asics have intelligently designed the rubber outsole to provide you with the best possible traction experienced on wrestling shoes. Well, how do they manage to do that? The Outsole is made more out of natural rubber than leather. This way, the shoe ends up sticking more to the surface. There won’t be any accidental slips for you to worry about. A smartly mixed ratio of rubber and leather has also allowed the manufacturers to extend the durability of the outsole a whopping 20% over shoes that don’t employ the same ratio.
- High-Quality Synthetic Construction – Built on Kihachiro Onitsuka’s patented designs which are the product of years of research themselves, the Cael v6.0 comes with a solid construction. Since the shoe is built with a high-quality synthetic construction, cleaning it is an easy task as well. Unline leather shoes that involve tons of precautionary measures and what not, the Cael v6.0 can be cleaned and maintained right at home with a small cloth.
Is the Asics Men’s Cael v6.0 Wrestling Shoe Worth the Price?
If you have shopped for wrestling shoes before, you’d very well know that they don’t come cheap. Especially the shoes that offer premium durability and comfort coupled with best in class traction – they often cost a bomb. In our tests, the Cael v6.0 fared really well. We were thoroughly impressed with the build quality, the design elements and the options of colors offered as well.
The shoe ships in all sizes and is priced at a mid range of $$ out of $$$. That is as reasonable as it gets for a shoe that promises so much. We have seen shoes costing a bomb and not going the distance or nor delivering the desired performance. Much like the company’s motto, the shoe does bring harmony to body and mind, allowing you to be the best wrestler you can be, every time you step on that mat.
Summary of Pros and Cons
Let’s summarize our findings to help you make a quick, informed decision:
- Great build and construction – The shoe definitely carries the best construction and design in its class, no other product comes close.
- High Performance – Most of the promised features are delivered spot on. The traction, comfort, and looks are very good.
- Sweetly Priced – Probably the most fascinating thing about the shoe is the price. We feel that it is a steal at $$ out of $$$.
- The sock line could have been tighter – While there’s ample cushioning loaded on the shoe, we noticed it to fumble a bit at different sizes. It does maintain a cool atmosphere for the most part but fails to do so on occasions. This could very well be a problem with the particular set of models that we tried out during our tests.
With superior performance, durability, excellent design and most importantly an affordable price tag, Asics manage to tick all the right checkmarks with this product. It doesn’t matter if you’re making your pro debut or just getting into wrestling, the Cael v6.0 makes a great shoe for any wrestler. We’d recommend you to purchase this product with your eyes closed!