Missouri Rejoining the Big 12?

I've heard a couple rumors over the past year or so, both on this message board and others, that Missouri will be rejoining the Big 12 for wrestling. Does anyone with inside knowledge have anything to share regarding that?

I would love for Mizzou to be back in the Big 12, but I don't want to get my hopes up if the rumors are just wishful thinking.

• Like 1

My sense is that this is much more wishful thinking than it is reality. I have not come across any source that gives any substance to us moving to the Big 12 (as much as I would like to see it happen). I would be delighted to be corrected on my impression. 🙂

2 hours ago, StLouie said:

I've heard a couple rumors over the past year or so, both on this message board and others, that Missouri will be rejoining the Big 12 for wrestling. Does anyone with inside knowledge have anything to share regarding that?

I would love for Mizzou to be back in the Big 12, but I don't want to get my hopes up if the rumors are just wishful thinking.

I saw this on another message board today too. A later poster said they thought it sounded more like rumor and that they did talk about what it would look like though. 

• Like 1

too many things have to happen. big 12 brass has to sign off on it. the sec has to sign off on it .missouri brass ditto. coach Smith has to want to bail on the mac after taking us in when we were in limbo. i really can't see all those things happening.?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Joedog3 said:

on the topic of speculation, wrestling and Mizzou - anyone ever hear if Mizzou has considered a female squad?

They already have one. It’s called men’s basketball. Just kidding. I haven’t heard anything about that but that would be cool. Do any Div I schools  have women’s wrestling? I can’t think of any.

• Haha 1