MAC Tournament

Eight in the finals is great by anyone's measuring stick. Surtin making it was certainly an excellent surprise.

Hart making the early mistake and loosing was disheartening to say the least. Zach Elam loosing was probably

to be expected with his conservative style. All ten will now qualify for Nationals as Hart and Z Elam should get

at large bids no matter what tomorrows results are,

• Like 2

agree with your takes MLBRUEM. No one was able to watch Elam's loss I guess except those that were there and unfortunate as he came out gangbusters in either his first or second match - the one where he pinned his opponent quite early.

I sure hope Kent gets going with conditioning between today and the NCAAs. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt because I don't know what's been up with him (i.e,. his absence) since Iowa State in January.

17 hours ago, MLBRUEM said:

Eight in the finals is great by anyone's measuring stick. Surtin making it was certainly an excellent surprise.

Hart making the early mistake and loosing was disheartening to say the least. Zach Elam loosing was probably

to be expected with his conservative style. All ten will now qualify for Nationals as Hart and Z Elam should get

at large bids no matter what tomorrows results are,

Z Elam is definitely a Jekyll and Hyde type of wrestler.

17 hours ago, MLBRUEM said:

at large bids no matter what tomorrows 

Wow! That Z Elam pin was quite the turn-around!

• Like 1