Cowboy Challenge Tournament

Looks like the finals will be on ESPN+ (4 p.m.) One would like to believe that will be primarily Tigers vs. someone. Any scoop on streaming option(s) for the earlier matches?

Tournament is reported to have: Mizzou, Okie State (host), West Virginia and Wyoming. Wyoming appears to be a quite recent development as previously it was listed as Central Oklahoma, a team which I could find next-to-nothing about.

On 2/10/2021 at 10:49 AM, Joedog3 said:

I don't know anything on Kent. Interesting if Sunday's lineup will be heavy on back-ups. I.e., It will be essentially 2 weeks until the MAC Tourney and then another 3 weeks for the NCAA. 

Bracket is up on trackwrestling.  Mostly back-ups.

Edited by Takedown42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting that with nearly all back-ups, Smith is still going with Mauller. Also, when I heard there were going to be primarily back-ups, I half expected  to see Marriott and Koelling get one last shot at some action - but this is not the case.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Joedog3 said:

Interesting that with nearly all back-ups, Smith is still going with Mauller. Also, when I heard there were going to be primarily back-ups, I half expected  to see Marriott and Koelling get one last shot at some action - but this is not the case.

Coach Smith said at the post dual interview said that they were done for the year after Senior night.

• Thanks 1

checking the brackets over at wrestletrack.

Noah Surtin upset top seeded Trevor Mastrogiovanni (Okie State, ranked #15 per intermatwrestle) 9-6 in an opening match. That's a damn nice win for Surtin (for certain? ;-) ).

• Like 3
On 2/14/2021 at 1:03 PM, Joedog3 said:

checking the brackets over at wrestletrack.

Noah Surtin upset top seeded Trevor Mastrogiovanni (Okie State, ranked #15 per intermatwrestle) 9-6 in an opening match. That's a damn nice win for Surtin (for certain? 😉 ).

Then he looses to Punke - Makes you think Brown must be pretty good

• Like 1

I really don't know for sure how much better Brown is compared to Punke or Surtin, but compared to Punke, he's hecka more entertaining. Punke leans too hard towards that Barlow McGhee end of the continuum. (Save the 2-1 and 3-2 matches for the heavyweights please.)