Sign in to follow this  
spartanfan01

J’den Cox

Earlier today Cox announced he’s going up to 97KG. Good move? Not sure. I have mixed feeling about this. Snyder is no slouch as we all know. Obviously Cox has gotten a lot better at Free over the last couple of years, but at one point Snyder who is in a slump(for gold medals) was at the top of the wrestling world. The Russian Sudelav and the Iranian are no joke either. Tough test for sure and in his words, that’s what Cox wanted. I hope it works out for him and he is the representative. It’s both good and bad for the USA to have monsters at both 86 and 97

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Warren Haynes said:

97 is absolutely the right call. I can’t wait for Sadulaev and Cox. That’ll be one of the all time great matches 

Speaking of Sadulaev, sure kinda looks like he was pinned today at the Europeans.  Hard to tell, but i've seen less get called a pin.

On 2/14/2020 at 10:56 AM, Warren Haynes said:

97 is absolutely the right call. I can’t wait for Sadulaev and Cox. That’ll be one of the all time great matches 

He needs to beat Snyder first, but I like your enthusiasm.

IMO J’Den has jumped a couple of levels since leaving college, while Snyder has stayed the same level since freshman year in college.  That being said 97kg is a very tough weight and I would have rather seen him wrestle 86kg.  His mindset is the best you can have.  He doesn’t want medals or accolades.  Mr. Cox is looking to be the very best he can be.  The rest will take care of itself.  Have to respect that line of thinking.

• Like 1