Sign in to follow this  
MLBRUEM

Malik Johnson

Very disappointing as I think most of us Mizzou fans had very high hopes for Malik

and were looking forward to rooting for him. Good luck to him at Central Methodist.

And Thank God he didn't transfer to IOWA!!

• Like 1

I might be late to the party on this one but I also saw that Devin Winston transferring to SIUe

What does a redshirt have to do with Malik transferring?

• Like 2

Well I guess that explains why he just seemed to disappear.  Be interesting to see what weight he wrestles at.  I have know idea but I’m guessing weight cut could have been an issue.  Weight cuts suck!  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shute33 said:

I might be late to the party on this one but I also saw that Devin Winston transferring to SIUe

What does a redshirt have to do with Malik transferring?

I didn't know thst Winston is going to SIUE. The problem that I have with the redshirt is a guy can be on your roster for a year on a redshirt and then transfer out (ex Winston and Malik). 

• Like 1

I think Instagram is where my kiddo saw it. It was kind of weird though, kind of quiet, no one said anything really. It was a week or two ago.

• Like 3

On 1/14/2020 at 5:19 PM, flanders said:

I didn't know thst Winston is going to SIUE. The problem that I have with the redshirt is a guy can be on your roster for a year on a redshirt and then transfer out (ex Winston and Malik). 

This is Winston's first year out of high school, isn't it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flanders said:

Yeah, so in his case a semester.

And really, these are just ones we “notice”. Because how many go unnoticed? Braxton Barnes hasn’t been with the team since early first semester if i am remembering correctly. I’m not sure if there have been any others this year. 

• Like 1