Mizzou Recruits 2019/2020

34 minutes ago, Joedog3 said:

Thanks ahmedgelsayed,

I was curious as to what it looked like in that portion of the lineup.

screen shot from wrestlestat of 174 and neighboring weight classes. (RS = Redshirt; ST = Starter)

columns:
                         Recruit               True Freshman                  Redshirt Freshman                Sophomore                               Junior                             Senior

wrestle.jpg

This is such a helpful breakdown.  74 will be competitive based on the work that Harman is doing.  Also, do we know where Keegan projects if not next year, coming back as a RS Freshman?

• Like 1

Hard to pin down weights with high school kids but if I had to guess—- Hawks at 174, O’Toole at 157 or 165.  
It used to be always lots of cut but trend is going closer to walk around.  Mizzou still seems to cut a lot but if your good enough I guess you can wrestle where you want.

20 minutes ago, wrestej said:

Hard to pin down weights with high school kids but if I had to guess—- Hawks at 174, O’Toole at 157 or 165.  
It used to be always lots of cut but trend is going closer to walk around.  Mizzou still seems to cut a lot but if your good enough I guess you can wrestle where you want.

So how often are the projected weights off? I realize that sometimes high school kids may get a crazy growth spurt, but mostly I would think the coaches can foresee where they end up. Curious and using your examples, since they have O’Toole projected at 165 and Hawks at 184. 

19 hours ago, haks said:

So how often are the projected weights off? I realize that sometimes high school kids may get a crazy growth spurt, but mostly I would think the coaches can foresee where they end up. Curious and using your examples, since they have O’Toole projected at 165 and Hawks at 184. 

Quite a bit.  Especially as their careers go on.  

2 hours ago, wrestej said:

Quite a bit.  Especially as their careers go on.  

I guess I was wondering if it was a large percentage they are off. Again using your examples, I can see the 157/165 for O'Toole - especially with wrestling 160 this year. But I cannot see Hawks at 174. 

2 hours ago, haks said:

I guess I was wondering if it was a large percentage they are off. Again using your examples, I can see the 157/165 for O'Toole - especially with wrestling 160 this year. But I cannot see Hawks at 174. 

Had people saying the same when I predicted Cox and Miklus would wrestle 197 and 184 before the were on a college mat.  I didn’t say which would be at what weight just those weights made the most sense for the team.  They were 220 and hvy last year in high school.  As for a percentage, I don’t crunch the numbers.  These are human beings and things don’t go as planned often.  Too many variables.

The high school seasons are so easy for these top guys that you must throw out the weight they wrestle

as seniors. They can go up a couple of weights in most cases or just wrestle walking around weight without

experiencing much of a challenge.

• Like 1

Just wanted to note (for those following state championship results) that Mizzou's recruit from Michigan is actually named Josh Edmond instead of Edmunds.  However, Chase Daniel(s) had a pretty good career at Mizzou, so maybe we should keep the 's'.  😉

Posted (edited)
On 12/12/2019 at 2:17 PM, northco said:

Two out of staters I hope Mizzou gets in the next few years. 

2022- Mitchell Messenbrink - AWA Trained, O'Toole's high School Team Mate, Dad from Missouri &  Coached the Askren's. Keep the AWA Pipeline coming...PLEASE!!!!!

2023- Gabe Arnold, Wyoming Seminary- J'Den Cox Cousin from GA. Starting at #2 ranked school in the nation as a Freshman. 

add-

2023 - Kannon Webster, Washington IL- Son of former Mizzou Wrestler Matt Webster went 46-0 as a freshman and won IL state Class 2. Washington wrestles a legit schedule. 

Edited by northco
19 hours ago, wrestej said:

If we are just wishing for guys then I’m going with Van Ness from jersey 

I am picking guys that actually have a connection with Mizzou via parents, uncles, etc etc

• Like 1
On 3/1/2020 at 4:36 PM, northco said:

add-

2023 - Kannon Webster, Washington IL- Son of former Mizzou Wrestler Matt Webster went 46-0 as a freshman and won IL state Class 2. Washington wrestles a legit schedule. 

Getting Arnold would be something else.  I also agree that these connections help, and the fact remains O'toole and Elam are blue chip recruits.  It shows that Mizzou is really headed in the positive direction with top recruits.  

• 2 months later...