Dylan Wisman?

not meaning to argue, just a follow up.. the Southeast Open was prior to Illinois and Marriott wrestled vs. Illinois and lost in a major decision.

Wisman hasn't made an appearance since the season opener vs. Virginia Tech.

Also, maybe I'm missing it, it doesn't look like Punke wrestled today at Lindenwood - that surprises me as I thought Coach Smith was still wanting to sort out the 125 situation.

I don't have any info on Raschka. Sorry.

10 hours ago, spartanfan01 said:

Interesting result from the Lindenwood open was Kent beating Flynn. Wonder if Kent is now the guy at 174.

I would be surprised if that happened.  It was close and I'm pretty sure they wrestle in the room all the time.  With Kent being a RS Frosh and Flynn being a Senior (I think), I'm not sure it would make sense at this point.

On 11/23/2019 at 9:51 PM, Joedog3 said:

Also, maybe I'm missing it, it doesn't look like Punke wrestled today at Lindenwood - that surprises me as I thought Coach Smith was still wanting to sort out the 125 situation.

It looked to me like Punke might have hurt/injured himself at the end of the dual Thursday.  Didn't look major, but I'm not surprised he gave him the weekend off.  With that said, it seems pretty obvious Valdiviez will be getting some opportunities at the weight in the near future.

the Kent v Flynn is interesting in that - assuming they are approximately equal (Kent won 5-3 over Flynn) - you could go with the senior out of sense of loyalty, but given that this is shaping up to be a rebuilding year anyway, do you go ahead and start giving Kent the experience?

7 hours ago, Joedog3 said:

the Kent v Flynn is interesting in that - assuming they are approximately equal (Kent won 5-3 over Flynn) - you could go with the senior out of sense of loyalty, but given that this is shaping up to be a rebuilding year anyway, do you go ahead and start giving Kent the experience?

I’m sure Smith will put the better wrestler out on the mat regardless of results or wrestle offs. I seem to remember a story that Chandler either was losing in the room or had lost a wrestler off to Will Brooks maybe and Smith choose Chandler. He went on to AA that year.

First lets review the facts College wrestling season ends in March - its a long season

• 184 - Wisman has been banged up and doesn't need a lot of matches don't worry 
  • 184 - Marriott if you look back 2 seasons ago was knocking at the door to All-American, last season he had a fracture that no one diagnosed for a long time and tried to wrestle through it and now (after a long resting period) is trying to wrestle back into form  and if you look at him he is probably not at the right weight class... hes probably 3-6 months away from feeling fully  back to form.
  • 174 - Flynn/ Kent - come on guys did you see the black and gold?   I was there Saturday and Flynn tried to scramble from being taken down and wound up on his back and down 4-0.  Kent wrestled extremely good on top and honestly took some steam out of Flynn, and then Flynn dominated the rest of the match.  Not making any excuses for Conner.... he can not let the above average wrestler ride him for a single second if he wants to All-American... it takes a lot of energy on bottom. 
  • Coach Smith has figured out and he will tell you that the long season takes a toll on the wrestler and its easy to over train.... but  you try to counter balance that by cutting down by reducing  the number of weigh in and matches.  It worked with for #Erneste and I think you will see it used more with guys on the team.
  • Like 2
On 11/23/2019 at 8:59 AM, Joedog3 said:

Not wrestling because of injury? simply not winning a spot? It doesn't look like he's even taking part at Lidenwood today.

Very glad this community area is open again. Any reason why it gets shut down every year??

It is pretty frustrating how the forum gets shut down. I'm not sure why it happens. I heard Wisman is banged up.

• Like 1