Jump to content

J'den at Final X


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Joedog3 said:

Um, who exactly believes owning dogs is racist? 

 


 

Quote

If one cheers for J'den Cox as the wrestling champ that he is, you probably suffer less from racism than one who seethes mightily over a black man being such an accomplished wrestler.

Who the hell is seething over J'Den Cox?

Quote

If one is cool with J'den as a wrestling champ, but would be uncomfortable if he dated a white woman, you probably suffer from some level of racism but maybe not as much as someone else.

Who the hell is uncomfortable with who J'Den Cox dates?

Quote

I find the problem with calling someone a racist is that it tends to a binary description of someone (you either are or you aren't). I think most of us probably fall along a continuum regarding the degree to which we suffer with racism and the degree to which we challenge our own preconceptions about a person's character or tendencies based on skin color.

I find the problem with calling people racist is that it has become the "go to" method of discrediting anyone the accuser does not like these days.  Everything is racist.  Chris Pratt is now being accused of being a white supremacist because he wore the "Don't Tread On Me" shirt.  Most normal people don't give a shit about racism and just live their lives to the best of their ability and do not interfere with the lives of other people because of "racism".  But there is a unsettling amount of people in this country who are RACE OBSESSED and bring it up in the context of EVERYTHING as a tool for a power grab of some form.  

Edited by Louden
Link to post
Share on other sites

Note my use of the word "if", meaning, in the hypothetical.

Quote

 

I do not know of anyone seething over J'den Cox being a championship wrestler. That was a hypothetical example.

Likewise, I do not know of anyone being uncomfortable with who he does or doesn't date. Again, it was a hypothetical. My use of the word "if".

I disagree with your opinion that "everything is racist". When Trump reports that windmills cause cancer, I disagree with him without it having anything to do with race. I agree that calling someone a racist can be a quick and easy overgeneralization and condemnation of the person's character and because it is quick and easy, it is prone to error.

Thanks for the youtube example of "racist" dog owners. As I mentioned in my post, given the diversity of people, thoughts, opinions and beliefs, I'm not completely stunned. I mean, you can quickly find evidence of people who believe the Earth is flat, but I don't believe the majority of people believe this, at least not yet.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Joedog3 said:

I do not know of anyone seething over J'den Cox being a championship wrestler. That was a hypothetical example.

I am not sure why this was ever brought this up then.  There could be someone seething that there isn't a green bean flavored ice cream.  We don't talk about that.

30 minutes ago, Joedog3 said:

Likewise, I do not know of anyone being uncomfortable with who he does or doesn't date. Again, it was a hypothetical.

As I said, there is absolutely no reason to bring it up then.  

30 minutes ago, Joedog3 said:

I disagree with your opinion that "everything is racist". When Trump reports that windmills cause cancer, I disagree with him without it having anything to do with race.

That's easy enough to do, even if you personally aren't doing it.  Less nutty things have been done.  Watch the video and see how grievance ideology works.  Those scholars mentioned in the video sent in a "study" to Academic Journals how dog humping in parks is racist as a hoax and it got published and nominated for "Outstanding Scholarship".

30 minutes ago, Joedog3 said:

I agree that calling someone a racist can be a quick and easy overgeneralization and condemnation of the person's character and because it is quick and easy, it is prone to error.

That's progress of a kind.

30 minutes ago, Joedog3 said:

Thanks for the youtube example of "racist" dog owners. As I mentioned in my post, given the diversity of people, thoughts, opinions and beliefs, I'm not completely stunned. I mean, you can quickly find evidence of people who believe the Earth is flat, but I don't believe the majority of people believe this, at least not yet.

Flat earthers aren't getting their ideas into positions of power and influence.  Neither are "Nazi's".  But Grievance Merchants have infiltrated everywhere with their ideology.  They run Universities, they're in Congress, they're in HR departments at large corporations, they run social media platforms, they make up the majority of "journalists", they dominate Hollywood, etc.

I, and so many others, are absolutely sick of it.  It's tearing this country apart.

Edited by Louden
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mrvcfan4life said:

This has nothing to do with wrestling. Go argue somewhere else

 

That was exactly my point.  Why was this even brought up in the first place?  It should never have even been brought up, and it's extremely tiring hearing about it for no reason.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...