J'den at Final X

Since there's no freestyle or national wrestling category, I guess this is the best place to post this. I figured that J'den would beat Bo Nickal but not so handily. Bo couldn't get anything started with J'den offensively. It was a great showing for J'den! He's so much fun to watch and listen to when he's interviewed. He's making Missouri very proud!

• Like 4

We spoke with J’den earlier in the day - before the sessions started. He was, as always, such a polite and well spoken young man to talk to. Very humble and genuine person. Was in the practice room, just going through his process, getting prepared.

We also saw Bo later, during the first session, walking through the stands, taking photographs with people and just moving along. 

J’den look great and we were happy to see him dominate both matches. Now to keep it going!

• Like 2
16 hours ago, old said:

I would like to buy a shirt BUT I will never wear nike.

They've done a pretty good job of funding some of our Olympic level athletes like J'den and James Green. Hawkeye wrestling club is all nike. They've partnered with UWW and USA Wrestling. They've been putting money back into the sport. 

20 hours ago, old said:

I would like to buy a shirt BUT I will never wear nike.

They have tried to do a good job of turning things around.  Nike Wrestling was made a separate division a couple years ago and a good friend of mine was made president of Nike Wrestling.  He is a wrestling guy 100% and since then they have really been trying to give back to the sport.  I was like you but with what they have done since then and knowing the guy in charge, give them another chance to make things right.

On 6/19/2019 at 12:40 PM, GaryM said:

They have tried to do a good job of turning things around.  Nike Wrestling was made a separate division a couple years ago and a good friend of mine was made president of Nike Wrestling.  He is a wrestling guy 100% and since then they have really been trying to give back to the sport.  I was like you but with what they have done since then and knowing the guy in charge, give them another chance to make things right.

Well they just declared Betsy Ross a racist !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 6:24 PM, wrestej said:

She might have been a racist.  Never got to meet her, a little before my time.

Well she was a Quaker. They did not believe in slavery !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, flanders said:

J'den hasn't given up a point yet in Turkey! Just the Gold medal round to go.

Looks like J'Den has taken his wrestling to another level.  What is amazing about that is he is already a world champion.

• Like 1
On 7/13/2019 at 7:24 PM, wrestej said:

I did not know you have to believe in slavery in order to be racist.

Are we talking about who is racist?  I haven't heard this one before.  Owning dogs is racist, keeping track of time is racist, not agreeing with the left is racist.  Everything is racist... which means the word has lost it's meaning and is more likely to turn me off towards people using it than anything else.

Um, who exactly believes owning dogs is racist? But I suppose in the amazing diversity of thought and belief, someone likely does believe owning a dog is racist. (???) As far as not agreeing with the left, that might depend upon how one chooses to disagree or on which topic specifically.

If one cheers for J'den Cox as the wrestling champ that he is, you probably suffer less from racism than one who seethes mightily over a black man being such an accomplished wrestler.

If one is cool with J'den as a wrestling champ, but would be uncomfortable if he dated a white woman, you probably suffer from some level of racism but maybe not as much as someone else.

I find the problem with calling someone a racist is that it tends to a binary description of someone (you either are or you aren't). I think most of us probably fall along a continuum regarding the degree to which we suffer with racism and the degree to which we challenge our own preconceptions about a person's character or tendencies based on skin color.