Let's get this party started!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gutsy win by Elam over Jennings.  Had me screaming at work with that takedown.

Yep...Johnny Eblen got DQ'd out of the tournament for head butting; lost all team points that he had accrued.  We took 4th as a team...2 points behind 3rd place and 10.5 points behind 2nd place.

Who is this impostor!!!!!!

Stalling on Mauller???? I thought the ref(s) were ridiculously fast on those calls and frankly I still don't get them and then Kolodzik was backing up, backing up, backing up in the third and nothing. I didn't think the backing up was a big deal but relative to what they were calling on Mauller, I was just like WTF.

Do the Eierman kids not think that shooting wins matches?  I don't understand how someone as good as Mauller can be losing, nearly the entire match, and still not take multiple shot attempts.  Mauller is too good to lose that match due to a lack of urgency.  Also, don't be afraid to sprawl fellas.  No need to let them shoot to the hips before you try to defend.

2 complaints on the ESPN tv coverage. 1st. The split screen has been the 1 and 2 seed for every weight except for 174 (Daniel Lewis). 2nd. Interrupting high seed matches to interview people while 1 and 2 seed matches are going on. Cutting away from the action for interviews. That is all.

1 minute ago, MatJunkie said:

Do the Eierman kids not think that shooting wins matches?  I don't understand how someone as good as Mauller can be losing, nearly the entire match, and still not take multiple shot attempts.  Mauller is too good to lose that match due to a lack of urgency.  Also, don't be afraid to sprawl fellas.  No need to let them shoot to the hips before you try to defend.

Oh no! Don't get those guys started again!

4 minutes ago, MatJunkie said:

I'm not singling out the Eierman guys. Everyone except Jaydin and Lewis haven't been wrestling with any urgency.

3 minutes ago, flanders said:

I'm not singling out the Eierman guys. Everyone except Jaydin and Lewis haven't been wrestling with any urgency.

I have only seen sparse urgency from Jaydin.  He also needs to learn to sprawl.

I called out the Eierman guys because they make up the core of the team and they show no urgency in tough situations.  Basic wrestling logic doesn't seem to apply.

Edited by MatJunkie
3 minutes ago, MatJunkie said:

I have only seen sparse urgency from Jaydin.  He also needs to learn to sprawl.

folks here know 100X more than me, but it just seems to me that so incredibly often during the regular season that Tigerstyle has now worries and maybe even wants opponents to get shots and then Tigerstyle changes off of them for all manner of offense, but here in the NCAAs where everyone is outstanding this stuff doesn't work like it does against the SIU-E's of the world.

• Like 1

blood round with 5 still alive. If you would’ve told me that prior to the tournament with 3 true freshman in the lineup, I wouldn’t believe it. But it’s happened, and now they just need to capitalize. Best of luck to all of them. Let’s bring home the hardware gentleman!!! 🐯 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, spartanfan01 said:

blood round with 5 still alive. If you would’ve told me that prior to the tournament with 3 true freshman in the lineup, I wouldn’t believe it. But it’s happened, and now they just need to capitalize. Best of luck to all of them. Let’s bring home the hardware gentleman!!! 🐯 

I guess my expectations were too high. I'm too much of a homer.