Jump to content
Wrestling2018

Mike Eierman

Recommended Posts

I apologize for constantly speaking on Eierman's behalf.  I want to try to explain why. 

I have 2 sons, both wrestled for EE. My youngest still does. Needless to say, we've been a part of this program for 15 years. Since day 1, Eierman has been ripped on by everyone in Missouri saying, "that stuff wont work"! When we travel to out of state national tournaments, everyone really respects Eierman and constantly picking his brain, (Brands, Sanderson and Zadick to name a few).

It's been rough watching failing programs, kids clubs and High Schools rip on his style at tournaments and behind his back! We have constantly heard coaches rip on Eierman alumni that are now on high school programs.  I ask Mike, why does #### ####### hate you? He says, no clue who that is...Why do they say these things?

So I feel obligated to try to get out to the state of Missouri wrestling's best kept secret...

Sorry I went on but just want you guys to understand that it's been a tough go for Eierman even with a crazy amount of success. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the record, I've never heard anyone say a negative thing about Mike. He is a great coach and teaches a unique style. I think his track record speaks for itself. And, by the way, I have 3 boys that have wrestled/wrestle, and all 3 have been to an Eierman camp at least once.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused...  I have read several of your posts, and I really don't understand this huge chip on your shoulder.  I have been around the Kansas City area "wrestling world" for the past 13 years, at the youth level, high school level, and college level, and I have never heard any coaches ripping on Mike Eierman or his coaching style.  In fact, I've heard and experienced quite the opposite.  Whenever our kids were wrestling kids from EE, we knew that we would be in for a tough match every time.  I also don't understand what you mean by "that stuff"...  when I watch guys like Jaydin Eierman or Brock Mauller wrestle, which I did in person this past weekend, I see guys who still display very fundamental wrestling skills, but also have an ability to wrestle well from any position.  Obviously Mike Eierman was a big part of that, and has been an integral part of their training.  Kudos to him for that.

I think the reason that some people are annoyed by your posts is that you skirt around the topic of other coaches, as if they don't know what they are doing, or that you are upset that they get any credit at all.  Great wrestlers are typically developed by several coaches along the way, all of whom contribute.  When I read your posts, I can't help but feel like you are insulting Coach Smith, who is one of the finest damn coaches in the nation.  When you look at what he (and his coaching staff) have done for the University of Missouri's wrestling program, you should be thankful that we have someone like him that gets the big picture.  He has created a system that develops these young men into really great people as well as great wrestlers, and the results speak for themselves.  Maybe I am mis-reading you, but that's how I am interpreting your posts.

If there is someone specific out there that you have an issue with, why don't you step up and call them out?  Your posts are full of accusations about "they", "them", and "everyone"...  I'm not buying it.

Mike Eierman is a great wrestling coach, no doubt about that.  But there are several others who are really great as well. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My children also wrestle for Mike and for the record he is he is more than a great coach he is an amazing individual!! He stands by and up for his wrestlers. We travel more than 2hrs one way at least 2 nights a week to get the best for them. My oldest wanted to quit before we went to one of Mike's camps 5 yrs ago and we haven't looked back. It speaks volumes to me at that a 7 year  old at the time could be excited to ride 2 hrs one way to practice with Mike. We have been there long enough to see the miss matches in weight and experience because and I quote " u wrestle for Mike they can handle it" and " he's such an ass" " go ask f@#!n Mike!" "And yes I've heard more than once "that junk won't work in high school or college" The team we left to go to Mike had 2 high schoolers move schools this year because there coaches told them  "your not doing that crap here" after pinning a kid with a high flyer when he had the lead with short time. They both took medals at state this year. There's team's in this state that go all the way to askrens to train at camps when askren brings there kids to Mike's to train. I do feel that it's a gross lack of respect for Mike and his program that everyone is not picking his brain. Things are changing with wrestling and the way it's progressing and like it or not Mike's ahead of the curve!! maybe that's what wrestling2018 is trying to get for people to open there minds and look outside the box......or maybe I'm just biest .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You had High School students leave one school for another for sports based purposes?  I though that was against the rules...

Coaches telling kids "you can't wrestle here because of your style"?  Still not buying it.  What I am buying is that Mike Eierman is a great coach.  What I am not buying is that he needs any of you to come on here and defend him. 

Either way, this thread is already exhausting... my give up....

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 3MJ said:

You had High School students leave one school for another for sports based purposes?  I though that was against the rules...

Coaches telling kids "you can't wrestle here because of your style"?  Still not buying it.  What I am buying is that Mike Eierman is a great coach.  What I am not buying is that he needs any of you to come on here and defend him. 

Either way, this thread is already exhausting... my give up....

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some will like Eierman style and others won't. For those who don't care for it and for full disclosure, I'm one of them, it doesn't make my opinion anymore wrong than those who embrace that style of wrestling. If Mike Eierman brushes off his critics and naysayers, maybe you should do the same. As long as you're happy with the coaching that your kids are receiving, that's all that matters and you don't have to come on here constantly or ever and justify your decision who coaches your boy(s).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ben Askren started a new style of wrestling. Eirman took it and ran with it. I think Mike added to the style with a new way of coaching, thinking. He would be my pick as a coach if i had young wrestlers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, old said:

Ben Askren started a new style of wrestling. Eirman took it and ran with it. I think Mike added to the style with a new way of coaching, thinking. He would be my pick as a coach if i had young wrestlers. 

You are actually crazy. Mike Eierman started that new style of wrestling and taught Ben Askren everything. Mike is the reason that Ben Askren won 2 NCAA Championships. Now Ben is teaching the same style at his academy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wrestlingfan6 said:

You are actually crazy. Mike Eierman started that new style of wrestling and taught Ben Askren everything. Mike is the reason that Ben Askren won 2 NCAA Championships. Now Ben is teaching the same style at his academy.

You could be correct. No reason to call names . Are you  saying Ben didn't have the funk until he met Mike ? Give us the history it would be interesting to know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wrestlingfan6 said:

Mike is the reason that Ben Askren won 2 NCAA Championships. Now Ben is teaching the same style at his academy.

Not really - Coach Smith and his staff recruited Ben to Mizzou. Ben beat some of the best in the nation his redshirt freshman year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MLBRUEM said:

Not really - Coach Smith and his staff recruited Ben to Mizzou. Ben beat some of the best in the nation his redshirt freshman year.

I knew that. I just wanted to see if wrestlingfan6 would try to make up some history. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wrestlingfan6 said:

You are actually crazy. Mike Eierman started that new style of wrestling and taught Ben Askren everything. Mike is the reason that Ben Askren won 2 NCAA Championships. Now Ben is teaching the same style at his academy.

LOL...yeah!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screenshot_20190217-214225_Facebook.thumb.jpg.563d42c282b684ec8601ec5730a73110.jpg

16 hours ago, Coach Doss said:

LOL...yeah!

Here is your history on Eierman and Askren..."thanks for my START in the funk"...

Now what? We can go on and on for days! Enjoy the old school while we will (EE) continue to evolve the sport!!

Edited by Wrestling2018
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wrestling2018 said:

Screenshot_20190217-214225_Facebook.thumb.jpg.563d42c282b684ec8601ec5730a73110.jpg

Here is your history on Eierman and Askren..."thanks for my START in the funk"...

Now what? We can go on and on for days! Enjoy the old school while we will (EE) continue to evolve the sport!!

Yes, thank you!   I see Ben signed an autograph for a person who'm helped him, not developed him.   I also see Ben's name and picture on the video, not Mike's name.  
I also know and have seen Ben do a lot of stuff before Mike, especially win.  I'm sure Mike did help him with some things but don't make it more than it is sir.  I've also seen some other athletes who used to do this kind of thing years before either of them, just without the name and style of "funk".   Some kids also thrive with certain coaches and styles, some don't.  I am sure all coaches or programs produce some really good kids, no?  No one is trying to take anything away from Mike or what the kids' he coaches have done or are doing.   Yet, it simply is what it is!

Enough history for today?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coach Doss said:

Yes, thank you!   I see Ben signed an autograph for a person who'm helped him, not developed him.   I also see Ben's name and picture on the video, not Mike's name.  
I also know and have seen Ben do a lot of stuff before Mike, especially win.  I'm sure Mike did help him with some things but don't make it more than it is sir.  I've also seen some other athletes who used to do this kind of thing years before either of them, just without the name and style of "funk".   Some kids also thrive with certain coaches and styles, some don't.  I am sure all coaches or programs produce some really good kids, no?  No one is trying to take anything away from Mike or what the kids' he coaches have done or are doing.   Yet, it simply is what it is!

Enough history for today?

 

So it doesn't say "thanks for getting me my start"? Hahaha The problem is your arguing about a great Missouri coach....get a clue! Mike was doing this technique when Ben was in diapers...

And no, not all coaches produce good kids! That's why wrestling is dying!

You guys cry when I say nice things about a great coach then tell me to start my own thread, i do and you still whine! Go change your clothes and go outside....you obviously need some fresh air! Maybe your mom can make you a meatloaf sandwich...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wrestling2018 said:

So it doesn't say "thanks for getting me my start"? Hahaha The problem is your arguing about a great Missouri coach....get a clue! Mike was doing this technique when Ben was in diapers...

And no, not all coaches produce good kids! That's why wrestling is dying!

You guys cry when I say nice things about a great coach then tell me to start my own thread, i do and you still whine! Go change your clothes and go outside....you obviously need some fresh air! Maybe your mom can make you a meatloaf sandwich...

Maybe you can get a freaking clue!   First off, you are a fool if you think Mike invented wrestling, which is what you're implying.  Has he ventured out and helped expand wrestling and a style?  Absolutely!  Is he having success with some kids? Absolutely!  

You are the one acting like a baby sir!  No one is "trashing" or disrespecting Mike or his kids.  He has produced a few really good ones and I'd assume and argue that he'll continue to do that.  That is what happens when you get good kids and continue to work and mold them. 

At that same time, if Mike and his techniques were so "new" and "great", as Ben was in diapers; then why wasn't Mike in 4 NCAA finals and the Olympics?  

No one is crying when you say nice things about Mike either!  I appreciate what he brings to the table in and for wrestling.  Yet, it isn't like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread either.  He is a man and a good coach who has had some great kids who'm he's helped to mold and develop.  Look no further than the videos and interviews with J'den Cox...how awesome!  What a classy young man and a great wrestler!   I'm sure Mike Eierman had a great impact on him and that relationship and bond is very special, to the two of them.  It certainly shows and comes across in the videos and interviews.  Where is anyone disrespecting Mike in that or any of the EE kids' as you are claiming or certainly implying?  Now, i'm not around kids' club as much as in the past but most people I know have very positive things to say about those kids and Mike.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 9:18 PM, Coach Doss said:

Maybe you can get a freaking clue!   First off, you are a fool if you think Mike invented wrestling, which is what you're implying.  Has he ventured out and helped expand wrestling and a style?  Absolutely!  Is he having success with some kids? Absolutely!  

You are the one acting like a baby sir!  No one is "trashing" or disrespecting Mike or his kids.  He has produced a few really good ones and I'd assume and argue that he'll continue to do that.  That is what happens when you get good kids and continue to work and mold them. 

At that same time, if Mike and his techniques were so "new" and "great", as Ben was in diapers; then why wasn't Mike in 4 NCAA finals and the Olympics?  

No one is crying when you say nice things about Mike either!  I appreciate what he brings to the table in and for wrestling.  Yet, it isn't like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread either.  He is a man and a good coach who has had some great kids who'm he's helped to mold and develop.  Look no further than the videos and interviews with J'den Cox...how awesome!  What a classy young man and a great wrestler!   I'm sure Mike Eierman had a great impact on him and that relationship and bond is very special, to the two of them.  It certainly shows and comes across in the videos and interviews.  Where is anyone disrespecting Mike in that or any of the EE kids' as you are claiming or certainly implying?  Now, i'm not around kids' club as much as in the past but most people I know have very positive things to say about those kids and Mike.  

Just out of curiosity,  did you watch "Funk" on Flo? Apology? Hahaha, I love being right!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wrestling2018 said:

Just out of curiosity,  did you watch "Funk" on Flo? Apology? Hahaha, I love being right!!

Yes!  Apology, hell no!  You are not right about anything!  In fact, you're more of a fool!   

Again, my point is not to discredit Mike at all.  My point is he did not make Ben and he nor anyone else should try to take credit for it.  Did he have an impact on Ben?  YES!  Yet, he's had an impact on a lot of others too.  You try and say Mike taught Ben everything and that is just not close to being true.  Mike and Ben worked together and some awesome creativity developed and came from all those workouts and sessions.  Hell man, be serious and honest!  Did you not hear Ben's high school coach in the same video talking about how Ben would let people get in on him and score on him so he could develop other moves and ways to do things?  Was Mike around for that?  NO!  

Have you not heard of other wrestlers talking about older guys who used to have a different style but it never really spread to others (Abas for one)?  

I have no idea why you have some obsession to make this something it is not!  Mike has expanded some new and interesting things/ideas around and it has developed and created a new game in the wrestling world today.  I love it and appreciate him and others for it.  Yet, he is not alone in that journey.  I'm very glad you found a coach that both you and your boys love and trust.  I hope the best for them and their careers.  Yet, it is not for everyone and Mike is not for everyone.  That isn't personal either, just a fact.   Lots of other great coaches, programs and people out there.  So pipe down and chill some sir because in the end, you are just not right at all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Coach Doss said:

Yes!  Apology, hell no!  You are not right about anything!  In fact, you're more of a fool!   

Again, my point is not to discredit Mike at all.  My point is he did not make Ben and he nor anyone else should try to take credit for it.  Did he have an impact on Ben?  YES!  Yet, he's had an impact on a lot of others too.  You try and say Mike taught Ben everything and that is just not close to being true.  Mike and Ben worked together and some awesome creativity developed and came from all those workouts and sessions.  Hell man, be serious and honest!  Did you not hear Ben's high school coach in the same video talking about how Ben would let people get in on him and score on him so he could develop other moves and ways to do things?  Was Mike around for that?  NO!  

Have you not heard of other wrestlers talking about older guys who used to have a different style but it never really spread to others (Abas for one)?  

I have no idea why you have some obsession to make this something it is not!  Mike has expanded some new and interesting things/ideas around and it has developed and created a new game in the wrestling world today.  I love it and appreciate him and others for it.  Yet, he is not alone in that journey.  I'm very glad you found a coach that both you and your boys love and trust.  I hope the best for them and their careers.  Yet, it is not for everyone and Mike is not for everyone.  That isn't personal either, just a fact.   Lots of other great coaches, programs and people out there.  So pipe down and chill some sir because in the end, you are just not right at all!

Hahahahahahahaha

You sir, look like a fool!!! 

Hahahahahahaha

Good day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wrestling2018 said:

Hahahahahahahaha

You sir, look like a fool!!! 

Hahahahahahaha

Good day!

So, you didn't see that Ben had 8-10 losses his redshirt freshman year, than entered Eierman and the whole thing changed? What are you looking/listening to? Come on man, I know it hurts but give Eierman the credit he deserves!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Wrestling2018 said:

So, you didn't see that Ben had 8-10 losses his redshirt freshman year, than entered Eierman and the whole thing changed? What are you looking/listening to? Come on man, I know it hurts but give Eierman the credit he deserves!!!

Ok, for the last time...are you well?  Do you have reading comprehension problems?   No one, I REPEAT, NO ONE IS SAYING EIERMAN DIDN'T HAVE INFLUENCE OR HELP BEN AND NO ONE IS NOT "GIVING HIM THE CREDIT HE DESERVES" as you put it.  

 

The issue and point is Ben was a thinker, a explorer, a person who desired growing and developing both as a wrestler and as a person.  MIKE, was NOT the only person involved or responsible for that, within Ben's journey or rise to greatness (FUNK) or whatever label you'd like to put on it.  There were lots of people involved in that process and journey.   Who gets the most credit?  WHO CARES!  It was great for Ben, it's been great for Mike and it is GREAT FOR WRESTLING TODAY!  

What about Coach Brian Smith, John Smith,  Matt Pell, Raymond Jordan, Tyron Woodley, Max Askren, Mark Ellis...countless others he drilled with and practiced with over the years?  What about all the other coaches and wrestlers Ben spoke too, got ideas and philosophies from, etc.  Do they not count?  Do they not make up part of that process?   OH YES, MIKE IS THE ONLY ONE!  

You brought up his redshirt year, lol!  Wow, I didn't know that!  Are you telling me that Ben struggled in college as a true freshmen, then he worked and figured it out and had success?  Wow!  That is possible!  I'm curious...has that ever happened before?  Has someone ever struggled as a freshmen, then worked with a coach or team and got better?  Hmmm, let me think...yes!

Was Mike there for all them too?  Does he get credit for all that?  Stop with the BS!  You sir, are the one looking more and more like a fool and idiot!   Mike has and will continue to work and do some great things in wrestling, while producing some great kids.  He has done that, he's earned that and that should be enough.  Yet, guess what, so have a lot of others!  They will continue to do great things to and they don't need someone doing this crap either.  If you want to bow down on your knees then go ahead, but I think the rest of the world will just appreciate him for who he is and what he's brought to our great sport.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2019 at 7:39 PM, Wrestling2018 said:

Hahahahahahahaha

You sir, look like a fool!!! 

Hahahahahahaha

Good day!

 

Screenshot_20190310-142134_Chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×