Jump to content

Tigers and Cowboys 2:30 Saturday


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lewis started wrestling in New Jersey, had several different youth coaches, went to camps, was coached by different people when he was on team Missouri, went to Purler academy. He took away different

Brock Mauller scored a shout out on The Open Mat from his performance against OSU https://news.theopenmat.com/college-wrestling-news/top-10-college-wrestling-performances-of-the-week-feb-18th-201

🐯>🤠

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, LUwrestling said:

Forgot about the Askren brothers. So were up to six total.  Ben"s last was 2007 and Max's  only 2009.  Cox was at Mizzou 2013-2016. Who else?

Eierman certainly might have had a role in coaching them, but both Ben and Max were national level wrestlers before they set foot in the state of Missouri. It is probably doing a disservice to John Messenbrink, their high school coach and current business partner at AWA, along with Brian Smith, to credit their success to one person.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will take your word on that so we are back to  J-Den's three. Maybe Eiermen wins on this year or next  but 141 is loaded.  Not sure anyone from this world has shot against Nolf who has improved as much as anyone in his time at PSU. Talk about a guy that wrestles tough  in all positions and it Nolf! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wrestling2018 said:

Mike Eierman made Cox...they stay in Columbia to stay close to him! They all benefit staying in contact with Mike! Cox lived with Mike the first 4 years at Mizzou...

And theres no comparison to any other coaches you mentioned! Eierman hands down produces the best wrestlers in the country from scratch! He doesn't get already made athletes like Park hill and all the others!!

You sound ridiculous at best. I know about Cox and his history with Eierman. I'm also friends with Mr. Cox and we've had many conversation about family and life. J'den Cox is a special talent so it wouldn't have made any difference who coached him, Cox was going to be good regardless. You can't coach talent even if your last name is Eierman. The names I provided along with other posters have a resume equal if not better than Eierman. Some coaches get move in talent and that includes Eierman.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, NCMC4life said:

Eierman certainly might have had a role in coaching them, but both Ben and Max were national level wrestlers before they set foot in the state of Missouri. It is probably doing a disservice to John Messenbrink, their high school coach and current business partner at AWA, along with Brian Smith, to credit their success to one person.

Screenshot_20190217-214225_Facebook.thumb.jpg.563d42c282b684ec8601ec5730a73110.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, meluvwrestling said:

You sound ridiculous at best. I know about Cox and his history with Eierman. I'm also friends with Mr. Cox and we've had many conversation about family and life. J'den Cox is a special talent so it wouldn't have made any difference who coached him, Cox was going to be good regardless. You can't coach talent even if your last name is Eierman. The names I provided along with other posters have a resume equal if not better than Eierman. Some coaches get move in talent and that includes Eierman.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wrestling2018 said:

Mike Eierman made Cox...they stay in Columbia to stay close to him! They all benefit staying in contact with Mike! Cox lived with Mike the first 4 years at Mizzou...

And theres no comparison to any other coaches you mentioned! Eierman hands down produces the best wrestlers in the country from scratch! He doesn't get already made athletes like Park hill and all the others!!

https://www.purlerwrestling.com/purler-wrestling-academy/college-wrestling-all-americans/

Edited by The Godfather
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Wrestling2018 said:

Screenshot_20190217-214225_Facebook.thumb.jpg.563d42c282b684ec8601ec5730a73110.jpg

No one is denying he had some influence on Ben honing his style in college. Merely saying there are a lot of other people that played pivotal roles in most development, including John Messenbrink.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjK4ejZs8TgAhUq44MKHX1lDRgQzPwBegQIARAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lakecountrynow.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fhigh-school%2Flake-country-reporter%2F2016%2F12%2F23%2Fmesenbrink-and-askren-made-lasting-impact-arrowhead%2F95762688%2F&psig=AOvVaw0S0LFr_-4rIwRlt5wDZDVF&ust=1550549112696542&cshid=1550462710741

Edited by NCMC4life
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Hahaha really? Pretty sure if Eierman Elite posted all the wrestlers that attended one of their camps from over the years their list would be longer! The guys I spoke of ALL have been wrestling for Eierman for years! 

And how can you try to compare Eierman to Purler? Purler is a supplemental program while Eierman is a team! I promise when you go to an Eierman practice you will be getting Mike, Tony or Jayden! What about Purler? You getting one of them? Pretty sure all the wrestlers on the list would like to think their kids club coaches had a say into their success! Park Hill. Victory Fox...........list goes on! Not Eierman! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joedog3 said:

apologies - I'm lost. What's the discussion? Who should coach Mizzou? Coach in college? Thanks.

I was simply giving Eierman credit for having 3 Eierman studs in a row at Mizzou and somehow instead of giving credit or just saying silent, these people want to try to give credit to other coaches...that is all

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Wrestling2018 said:

 

I just figured since Eierman Elite almost singlehandly beat Oklahoma State, this would be a good place for some recognition...

You shoe horn Eierman into every thread u comment on. I'm just saying it would be easier on everyone if you would start your own thread on your "son" and congratulate him all u want there. We all get that he's a good coach. You don't have to repeat it on every thread.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a trivial idea, how about we give the wrestlers the credit they deserve.  Yes Eierman is a good coach but I think most of the credit should be given to the wrestlers.  I'm sure the kids are greatly appreciative for his tutelage but it is what's inside those young men that make them special.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flanders said:

You should start your own thread about it.

 

4 hours ago, Wrestling2018 said:

Ok ok ok, I apologize....

Question.

Has any other kids club coach ever had 3 top ranked starters on a top 5 division 1 program ever? Let's see where we go from here!!!!!!

Jason Nolf and Vincenzo Joseph both are on a pretty successful PSU squad. Both are two time defending National Champs who are both currently rated #1 in there weights. Both are in the top three for most dominate rankings for the D1 wrestlers. Both trained with the Young Gun Club. The Eierman  Elite kids at Mizzou are great and for two of them to be in the lineup as freshmen is impressive!  They have both wrestled great this year and have bright futures  but I  will take the two at PSU everyday of the week  and twice on Sunday if I had to choose.  I agree that there are tons of guys who do a great job developing young wrestlers.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wrestej said:

Here's a trivial idea, how about we give the wrestlers the credit they deserve.  Yes Eierman is a good coach but I think most of the credit should be given to the wrestlers.  I'm sure the kids are greatly appreciative for his tutelage but it is what's inside those young men that make them special.

i agree! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wrestling2018 said:

Ok ok ok, I apologize....

Question.

Has any other kids club coach ever had 3 top ranked starters on a top 5 division 1 program ever? Let's see where we go from here!!!!!!

I still think your missing the point. MU recruits Smith, Keck & other kids hard but some/majority of those wrestlers choose other schools. When Oak Park had that murders row lineup and ranked top 10 or so in the nation, majority of those wrestlers choose to go elsewhere because they had what they perceived as better options. That's not to say that Eierman kids didn't but the connection is stronger when your from the area. Then you through in a coach and current/former wrestler, Cox, preaching MU and knowing you'll have them as additional resources, I can see why they choose to stay local.

Again, I give Eierman his respect but I'll just say he's one of the best coaches in MO but he doesn't have the track record as some of the other coaches I mentioned.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, Wrestling2018 said:

Ok ok ok, I apologize....

Question.

Has any other kids club coach ever had 3 top ranked starters on a top 5 division 1 program ever? Let's see where we go from here!!!!!!

PHHS: John Ernest (MU), Canton Marriott (MU) & Ke-Shawn Hayes (tOSU), 2017-2018 season.

Just checked the rankings, by your own words, MU doesn't meet your criteria. Might want to say "top 3 ranked starters on a top 10 D1 program".

Edited by meluvwrestling
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...