NCAA's day 3

24 minutes ago, LUwrestling said:

Dylan Wisman was a high rated guy that I guess  got hurt last year! If he is healthy could he man the 174 spot with then Lewis and Flynn both dropping as well? Will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

I have no insider information, but I don’t know if I see anyone that started this year cutting next year. Why would they? I believe they all looked comfortable in regards to making weight. They didn’t looked sucked down or any of that. Now I could be wrong here, but they looked to be in their natural weights.

12 hours ago, LUwrestling said:

Dylan Wisman was a high rated guy that I guess  got hurt last year! If he is healthy could he man the 174 spot with then Lewis and Flynn both dropping as well? Will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

I don't think there's any way Lewis cuts back down.  I'd be surprised if the plan is anything other than being at 174 next season.

3 hours ago, MatJunkie said:
3 hours ago, MatJunkie said:

The days of huge weight cuts are a thing of the past.  The new way of thinking is to wrestle more of a natural weight.  Stay on the weights + proper nutrition = better overall athlete

Don't know what you consider huge cuts but I can promise you at the collegiate and senior levels there is plenty of weight cutting. 

23 hours ago, Warren Haynes said:

He's close to 6'3"

The ability to go HWT is the reason he is going to Mizzou. He'll be just fine there. Look at his Dad, I think he's gonna fill out. 

Good.  I hope he is already starting the process.  Might take two years to get where he wants to be.  

I agree about guys wrestling at more of there natural weight but cutting from 174 to 165 is not a huge cut. Unless  your cutting a ton of weight to get to 174 in the first place. My guess is most guys walk around at at least 5-6 pounds more then the weight they are wrestling during the season. 

2 hours ago, LUwrestling said:

I agree about guys wrestling at more of there natural weight but cutting from 174 to 165 is not a huge cut. Unless  your cutting a ton of weight to get to 174 in the first place. My guess is most guys walk around at at least 5-6 pounds more then the weight they are wrestling during the season. 

Everyone is a little different obviously.  During the season they stick close like you say, give or take a couple of pounds.  In the off season it's a different story.  Some go on diets to make themselves smaller, i.e. Miklus coming down from well over 200 so he could go 184.  I've known smaller guys get up to 40 pounds over wrestling weight.

On 3/19/2018 at 9:02 PM, fudge tunnel said:

At what school?

Lol the one where no one will take his spot...the one you talk smack about so often .

Some prople so.quick to write someone off,..didnt you say campbell would take his spot ...a bigger two x state champ from Ohio ...the same state Austin.grew up in and had a far far better record than.campbell or any Ohio ,220 ever ...yes he wrestled ky his High School years but we can see Ohio from our rooftop and the majority of his matches in.High School were in Ohio and.before that hr  wrestled for team.Jordan for years travelled the country with some kid named Hall a x or two wrestled kids likr Bo when others ran  and won a few things ...your home state pride is admirable your respect for those who try and choose your colors is not .

Edited by MACTRUCK

All that and he can't even stay on the mat. Austin is also very underwhelming when he wrestled especially since the Mac isn't particularly strong at heavy. 

After letting Mizzou down i would love to see the program move in another direction. However it does seem to have the spot one more year. Hopefully that is it. 

2 hours ago, MACTRUCK said:

Lol the one where no one will take his spot...the one you talk smack about so often .

Some prople so.quick to write someone off,..didnt you say campbell would take his spot ...a bigger two x state champ from Ohio ...the same state Austin.grew up in and had a far far better record than.campbell or any Ohio ,220 ever ...yes he wrestled ky his High School years but we can see Ohio from our rooftop and the majority of his matches in.High School were in Ohio and.before that hr  wrestled for team.Jordan for years travelled the country with some kid named Hall a x or two wrestled kids likr Bo when others ran  and won a few things ...your home state pride is admirable your respect for those who try and choose your colors is not .

“Talk so much smack about”.....what the hell are talking about? 

Also....you’re a grown man.  How can you possibly survive in today’s society with such a poor grasp of THE BASICS of the English language?  Seriously, do you type this way as a joke (just to get under everyone’s skin), or are you really this illiterate?

7 hours ago, MACTRUCK said:

4 hours ago, fudge tunnel said:

Also....you’re a grown man.  How can you possibly survive in today’s society with such a poor grasp of THE BASICS of the English language?  Seriously, do you type this way as a joke (just to get under everyone’s skin), or are you really this illiterate?

Actually this is the closest MACTRUCK has come to using proper English. This is leaps and bounds above every post he has ever made. It only took me three times to read it to figure out what he was saying, which is: My boy good. You bad.  

Edited by lashotgun
  • 2 weeks later...

Elam will be fine at heavy after a shirt.  Hopefully, Myers can adequately fill that spot next season, maybe even qualify and win a match ?

My "best guess":

125: Punke

133: Erneste (with C. Smith & Hart) getting some matches here as I am guessing that holding 133 another year would seemingly be tough for John.

141: Eierman

149: Leeth

157: Fortuna (would like to see Mocco shirt even if he is better)

165: Flynn

174: Lewis

184: Marriott (hopefully a bit bigger/stronger version)

197: Miklus (see 184)

285: Myers (with some bouts for Bohlken & Koelling while Elam shirts and gets bigger/stronger)

This Team could be Top 4-6 while key freshman take their redshirts.