NCAA's day 3

3 minutes ago, flanders said:

Today was brutal!

Couldn’t agree more. We lost a lot of close matches the entire tournament. Not sure what it was, bad situational wrestling, being out hustled, and just not being clutch. Up by one with 20 seconds left and no stall calls. We should win those type of matches and we didn’t. I’m still proud of being a Mizzou fan. 6th place finish as a team and four AA’s. Could be worse, I could be an ISU or Oklahoma fan lol. Mizzou is still loaded for next year. Probably better overall honestly. With someone new taking over 125. A top 5 finish if things go well with no injuries is not out of the question.  

Mizzou is most certainly not better off going into next year.  We have NO ONE at 157, still no HWT, and either a true freshman or unproven redshirt freshman at 125.  

125 - uggggg

Erneste is tough during the weak season schedule, but gets exposed at nationals.  Completely unprepared 

Eierman is unbelievably talented but keeps trying low % moves against top guys, that don’t work.  

Leeth’s upside going forward is a positive, considering he’ll more than likely get a 6th year. Still should NOT have lost that match against Kolodzik, and should be in the finals. 

157 - ugggggg

Flynn is solid, but he’s going to have to make some big improvements to be an AA

Lewis is solidly the 3rd/4th best at his weight   The top 2 guys are at a completely different level

Hopefully Marriott fills in to 184.  He looks like a bloated 174 lbr now.   He’s a kid wrestling with men

Miklus did what he had to do to become AA, then completely disappeared.   In the last 2 periods against the UNI guy he looked drunk.  Give him a full year to recover from his knee and fill into 197 (he always looked small there this year) and see where he is

Hwt - uggggg

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, fudge tunnel said:

Mizzou is most certainly not better off going into next year.  We have NO ONE at 157, still no HWT, and either a true freshman or unproven redshirt freshman at 125.  

125 - uggggg

Erneste is tough during the weak season schedule, but gets exposed at nationals.  Completely unprepared 

Eierman is unbelievably talented but keeps trying low % moves against top guys, that don’t work.  

Leeth’s upside going forward is a positive, considering he’ll more than likely get a 6th year. Still should NOT have lost that match against Kolodzik, and should be in the finals. 

157 - ugggggg

Flynn is solid, but he’s going to have to make some big improvements to be an AA

Lewis is solidly the 3rd/4th best at his weight   The top 2 guys are at a completely different level

Hopefully Marriott fills in to 184.  He looks like a bloated 174 lbr now.   He’s a kid wrestling with men

Miklus did what he had to do to become AA, then completely disappeared.   In the last 2 periods against the UNI guy he looked drunk.  Give him a full year to recover from his knee and fill into 197 (he always looked small there this year) and see where he is

Hwt - uggggg

Maybe I miss spoke when I said overall better next year. I did forget Joey was gone at 157. I guess my line of thinking was that we weren’t losing 3-4 SRs from the lineup and return nearly the same lineup. But really almost anyone we put in the lineup at 125 will surely be an improvement over the outcomes we’ve been  getting from that spot over the last two years. Yes a big hole a 157 needs plugged. We do have issues at hwt. Maybe Meyers comes back, Wyatt builds muscle and fills into the role, orone of the other heavies steps up and fill the gap. I get it, those options are promising. 

16 hours ago, spartanfan01 said:

Maybe I miss spoke when I said overall better next year. I did forget Joey was gone at 157. I guess my line of thinking was that we weren’t losing 3-4 SRs from the lineup and return nearly the same lineup. But really almost anyone we put in the lineup at 125 will surely be an improvement over the outcomes we’ve been  getting from that spot over the last two years. Yes a big hole a 157 needs plugged. We do have issues at hwt. Maybe Meyers comes back, Wyatt builds muscle and fills into the role, orone of the other heavies steps up and fill the gap. I get it, those options are promising. 

I'm optimistic about next year just because I wear Mizzou goggles all the time. On a side note, I wouldn't say "a big hole at 157 needs to be plugged" to someone named Fudge Tunnel. Just sayin'. Lol!

125- If the weight was manageable Allan Hart, or Valdiviez would be exciting otherwise I guess it’s Punke while the new guys rs.

157-  It’d be awesome to see Colston finish out his career at Mizzou.

Hwy - No clue what’s going on w Meyers? Who’s the best frosh option on the team?

Jiovenetta, Diaz, or Bohlken?

2 hours ago, cmsu34 said:

125- If the weight was manageable Allan Hart, or Valdiviez would be exciting otherwise I guess it’s Punke while the new guys rs.

157-  It’d be awesome to see Colston finish out his career at Mizzou.

Hwy - No clue what’s going on w Meyers? Who’s the best frosh option on the team?

Jiovenetta, Diaz, or Bohlken?

Regarding 285  - none of the above are an option - but forced to answer Bolken

157 - most likely Colston would not win starting job if comes to Mizzou

125 - Punke until someone proves they are better. It would be great if Hart could make the weight

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Warren Haynes said:

I saw that Piccininni is gonna need a new place to wrestle, probably. 

I saw this also. Would be a nice addition, but I thought he was linked to Hofstra. Who knows. I also saw that the Buckeye fans are saying that there is a 50/50 chance Hayes transfers. Just speculation, but I wonder if their is some truth behind it. I don’t know where he would fit at Mizzou, but I’d be glad to have him back.

4 hours ago, MACTRUCK said:

Im betting Austin starts at Heavy the next two years ,care to bet anyone,?

If you bet against this you are betting against the odds at this time. That being said he let the team down big time

and that does not set well.

4 hours ago, MatJunkie said:

They recruited over him with Elam.  I'm guessing that means Elam is the man after a redshirt season.

Unless Elam puts on a serious amount of weight and muscle I think his best weight will be 197, maybe 184 but I don't know his true walk around weight.  Blown up 220s put themselves in difficult spots.  Only one Kyle Snyder that I know about and you cand see the toll it takes on him by the end of a match.  Just a lot of weight to give up

8 minutes ago, wrestej said:

Unless Elam puts on a serious amount of weight and muscle I think his best weight will be 197, maybe 184 but I don't know his true walk around weight.  Blown up 220s put themselves in difficult spots.  Only one Kyle Snyder that I know about and you cand see the toll it takes on him by the end of a match.  Just a lot of weight to give up

He's close to 6'3"

The ability to go HWT is the reason he is going to Mizzou. He'll be just fine there. Look at his Dad, I think he's gonna fill out. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, wrestej said:

I spoke to his dad.  HWT is the plan.  

2 hours ago, Warren Haynes said:

He's close to 6'3"

The ability to go HWT is the reason he is going to Mizzou. He'll be just fine there. Look at his Dad, I think he's gonna fill out. 

He is listed at 6ft 4in 220lbs on football roster - Mike Larson is very excited to be able to work with him as the strength coach and feels he will be a force to be reckoned with after a redshirt season.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, spartanfan01 said:

I’m guessing Punke starts at 125 at least this year, unless Allan Heart can make the weight. But who fills the 157 spot? I don’t see Leeth moving up. 

Leading contenders to fill 157 right now with out pulling a freshman red shirt  would probably be Alex Butler, Luke Fortuna, or Lane Stigall.

42 minutes ago, MLBRUEM said:

Leading contenders to fill 157 right now with out pulling a freshman red shirt  would probably be Alex Butler, Luke Fortuna, or Lane Stigall.

Is Fortuna  the front runner of this group? I saw Butler at the SIUE dual, and he looks more like a 149. Maybe Peyton Mocco comes in and forces Smith to not RS him and he starts. Mizzou is stocked with guys at 133-149. Where do they all fall into place? Can Colby Smith cut to 125, or does he wrestle off Erneste with the winner holding down 133. Smith wrestled some 141 this year so maybe 125 is out of the equation. Who knows at this point how it all shakes out, but I like making guesses.