6th yr for Willie

11 hours ago, lashotgun said:

I'm going to re-open this case just for you, Fudgey boy. What good is a world championship in FS if you can't win your state championship in folkstyle? 

He was on one leg, and the guy that beat him is a #7 seed at 133 lbs. as a true freshmen. I'm as big of a Missouri homer as there is, but to compare the Missouri state tourney to the Pennsylvania state tourney is just silly. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Warren Haynes said:

He was on one leg, and the guy that beat him is a #7 seed at 133 lbs. as a true freshmen. I'm as big of a Missouri homer as there is, but to compare the Missouri state tourney to the Pennsylvania state tourney is just silly. 

It is not only silly. It shows a complete lack of wrestling knowledge. I really do not think this guy believes what he posts. He is just trying to get some attention.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Warren Haynes said:

12 hours ago, MLBRUEM said:

It is not only silly. It shows a complete lack of wrestling knowledge. I really do not think this guy believes what he posts. He is just trying to get some attention.

Snowflakes!

• Like 1
23 hours ago, mrvcfan4life said:

Dude barely lost his only match in his last match ever while have a knee injury that required surgery after the season. In PA btw. They are not even close. 

Honestly, being a FS world champion is a step down from being a four-time Missouri state champ. If you don't believe me just ask Yianni.    

10 hours ago, lashotgun said:

Honestly, being a FS world champion is a step down from being a four-time Missouri state champ. If you don't believe me just ask Yianni.    

You're making MLBreum's case for him actually.  Yianni is in his first year at the college level and Eierman in his third and is a returning NCAA All-American.  He should beat Yianni.  By your logic one of only seven four-time New York state champions is a step down from a four-time Missouri state champ as well.   I'll go with the freshman is a step down from the RS sophomore.

• Like 1

Spencer Lee wrestled with a torn Acl in PA state championship match his senior year. He went against a kid Austin DeSanto who has qualified as a true freshman like Spencer Lee at nationals  this year.   Lets see even if Malik wrestles 125 and then let alone wins the spot before we compare him to Spencer Lee!  Spencer Lee also won the Walsh Ironman three times. Not sure it is fair to compare Malik to Spencer Lee just yet! But I like to root for Missouri High School wrestling kids myself!

21 hours ago, fudge tunnel said:

There’s no comparing Lee and Johnson, that’s unfair to Malik.  One is off the charts world-class, one is a really good Missouri wrestler.  A healthy high school senior Spencer Lee tech’s a high school senior Malik Johnson. 

You're right. We should be comparing Johnson to another guy who was a mere one time Ironman champion, who won 126 the year before Lee. That's man name: Tariq Wilson.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, lashotgun said:

You're right. We should be comparing Johnson to another guy who was a mere one time Ironman champion, who won 126 the year before Lee. That's man name: Tariq Wilson.

Now you are making some progress that is a good comparison! Wilson went 27 and 10 this season going on a great NCAA run and finishing 3rd. This was after a 2017 redshirt year in which he went 20 and 7 with no wins over anyone in the top 40. He did only loose to Colby Smith 9 to 8 in his first match as a true freshman which was probably his best performance of his redshirt year.

3 hours ago, LUwrestling said:

Fix from Oklahoma State. Poor choice of of word when using burned. Fix red shirted all year and is a stud. The talk of Picinni transferring is per Fix will be in the line up at Okie State next year. 

That’s assuming that Brock doesn’t move up to 141 to fill in Heil’s spot, which I don’t think is out of the question. Okie St historically cuts a lot of weight, which could account for Brock’s and Piccininni’s fading at the NCAA’s.  I think they and the team would be better off if they were up a weight, and Fix squarely at 125

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, LUwrestling said:

That could happen but Kaden Gfeller will also be a red shirt freshman next year. I believe he won the Southern Scuffle at 149 weight class  this year as a true freshman. He will also be in the lineup somewhere next year. Jo Jo Smith is also back 157,165? 

I thought Gfeller was at 141