2018 Recruiting News

On 6/13/2018 at 8:59 AM, MLBRUEM said:

My IDIOT comment had nothing to do with what you think or want. It had to do with what you said line by line sentence by sentence. Please see your original post for each and every ridiculous remark.

I say boy. You're trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. I say froghorn leghorn. I say boy, You're trying to turn a bull into a bull frog. I say boy. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't see what the big deal is here.?.?  Sammie got canned, the kid wanted to wrestle for him so pulls his commitment.  As for going to OTC I think it will do nothing but benefit his wrestling and giv

This is DJ real FATHER a real man who don’t hide behind a computer. To All those who want to spit shade thinking they KNOW, but really don’t, all you have to do is ask me. But to you low life  who use

Mizzou bound hopefully! 

23 hours ago, lashotgun said:

I say boy. You're trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. I say froghorn leghorn. I say boy, You're trying to turn a bull into a bull frog. I say boy. 

The _Shepard has a fan club of 1. You guys need to go have a big orange together.

On 6/13/2018 at 11:03 PM, Show_Me said:

Amazing that CBC is producing this quantity of D1 ready wrestlers.

Johnson, Sevarado, Shannon, & Saunders.

Hopefully Mizzou can get the majority of them.

CBC is a Catholic Prep school, they have the luxury of offering their services to the best wrestlers from any location and they do get some of the most talented kids. Point being a lot of these kids are great before they go there.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:03 PM, cmsu34 said:

CBC is a Catholic Prep school, they have the luxury of offering their services to the best wrestlers from any location and they do get some of the most talented kids. Point being a lot of these kids are great before they go there.

I wouldn't classify that full list of 4 studs as kids that were blue chippers coming in, but that does not negate your point that they do attract some great kids coming in.  They also, clearly, have an atmosphere where great kids continue along that path and above average kids seem to ascend.  I like what they've done with these kids so far.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Lalum said:

I wouldn't classify that full list of 4 studs as kids that were blue chippers coming in, but that does not negate your point that they do attract some great kids coming in.  They also, clearly, have an atmosphere where great kids continue along that path and above average kids seem to ascend.  I like what they've done with these kids so far.

Kyle Prewitt Union, MO

Will Edgar O’fallon, IL 

Vincent Zerban Bethalto, IL

More power to them for their success but it’s basically an Eastern Missouri/ Western Illinois all star team.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 4:09 PM, jonathan said:

I think most of us saw this coming with Sammie Henson getting let go at WVU. I can probably get you in touch with DJ personally if you want to ask him questions or give advice.

Can you put me in touch with Coach Flynn at WV? I dont know him. I will see Kevin at Fargo.  Kind of thought every knew Sammie was on the chopping blocks, kids leaving the program, hot coffee  in people faces, etc.  Sammie needed DJ.   Sammie  needed more W's and more All Americans.  DJ fits the bill for sure. 

Coach Flynn is a winner I dont know that Sammie leaving is a game changer. Coaches leave all the time.

Your saying he de-committed, that is fine except that is this enrollment and recruitment driver  fro CBC.  

6500.00 a year,  

26k for four years to become a non-qualifier .

That is exploitation. The academic achievement gap between black and white athletes is far to large in this country.

I'm not dogging on DJ,  i just hate to see athletes not get their education especially when the pay 26k.

I also know that is was someone's dying wish that DJ got and education.  So I am going to have to hold a grudge against CBC for not making that happen.

DJ needs his education, if he is going to gray shirt at the OTC, ok but it just looks like more commercials for the exploiting of African American Athletes.

On 6/13/2018 at 10:59 AM, MLBRUEM said:

My IDIOT comment had nothing to do with what you think or want. It had to do with what you said line by line sentence by sentence. Please see your original post for each and every ridiculous remark.

Your right, I should have just said I think it is a shame that someone pays 26k for a high school education and end up a non-qualifier.  

There is nothing wrong with being a academic red shirt. I admire those that do, it is like a year long try out to prove you want to be there and belong. Gives a kid a chance to grow.

Gray shirting at the OTC, IDK, cant really wrap my iddy biddy brain around it.

But when you tell a family it will only cost a 6,500 a year, and than when he wants to leave,  you give him a few gifts to stay his Jr and Sr. Year. That is exploitation.

The OTC commercial is an enrollment driver and recruiting tool for cbc.  You cant get Illinois kids to make that drive and pay 6,500 per year if they score  below an 18 on the ACT.

Going to OTC for a year is alot easier to sell to naive parents than,  he is a 3 timer that is a non-qualifier.

It is a privilege to wrestler at Mzzu.  He could have went there, worked some grants, did his Fafsa. Got all the money he needed.

How do I know, CBC coaches have had their wrestlers with them at the RTC in Illinois all spring during the school year. They have been talking all spring at the Illinois RTC.

Recruit recruit and than boot.

Maybe there is a good reason why Ms. Mango sent her younger son Ryan to Whitfield, she did not send him to CBC.

Is this more or less idiotic.

Has it been proven that she didn’t qualify academically? All of this is a moot point if it’s not been proven that he didn’t qualify. I have no clue either way, it would just seem crazy to argue if I’m fact he did qualify and just wants to spend a year at the OTC. 

• Like 1

Don't see what the big deal is here.?.?  Sammie got canned, the kid wanted to wrestle for him so pulls his commitment.  As for going to OTC I think it will do nothing but benefit his wrestling and give him time to make up his mind what he would like to do.  Willie Miklus went to OTC for a year and didn't stop him from getting a degree.  Let the kid do what he wants.  He has just as much right to live and learn as everyone else.

• Like 3

This is DJ real FATHER a real man who don’t hide behind a computer. To All those who want to spit shade thinking they KNOW, but really don’t, all you have to do is ask me. But to you low life  who use kids for ammunition to fight your scary ass battles. You are pathetic. Oh and I’m not done since y'all want to play them games. My next post will reveal names. I am not hard to find  l said it DARNELL SHANNON.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, The_Shepherd said:

Your right, I should have just said I think it is a shame that someone pays 26k for a high school education and end up a non-qualifier.  

There is nothing wrong with being a academic red shirt. I admire those that do, it is like a year long try out to prove you want to be there and belong. Gives a kid a chance to grow.

Gray shirting at the OTC, IDK, cant really wrap my iddy biddy brain around it.

But when you tell a family it will only cost a 6,500 a year, and than when he wants to leave,  you give him a few gifts to stay his Jr and Sr. Year. That is exploitation.

The OTC commercial is an enrollment driver and recruiting tool for cbc.  You cant get Illinois kids to make that drive and pay 6,500 per year if they score  below an 18 on the ACT.

Going to OTC for a year is alot easier to sell to naive parents than,  he is a 3 timer that is a non-qualifier.

It is a privilege to wrestler at Mzzu.  He could have went there, worked some grants, did his Fafsa. Got all the money he needed.

How do I know, CBC coaches have had their wrestlers with them at the RTC in Illinois all spring during the school year. They have been talking all spring at the Illinois RTC.

Recruit recruit and than boot.

Maybe there is a good reason why Ms. Mango sent her younger son Ryan to Whitfield, she did not send him to CBC.

Is this more or less idiotic.

Great addition to your portfolio making my point that you are nothing more than an idiot hater.

1 hour ago, DarnellDJfather said:

This is DJ real FATHER a real man who don’t hide behind a computer. To All those who want to spit shade thinking they KNOW, but really don’t, all you have to do is ask me. But to you low life  who use kids for ammunition to fight your scary ass battles. You are pathetic. Oh and I’m not done since y'all want to play them games. My next post will reveal names. I am not hard to find  l said it DARNELL SHANNON.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Image result for guy waiting for something exciting to happen

On 6/28/2018 at 10:57 AM, Warren Haynes said:

giphy.gif

Everyone loves DJ. Ranked 3 in America.

No disrespect to DJ or the  dad. This is   obviously about something else.  DJ name just sparked if off when Jonathan  is running cbc commercials.

DJ is perfect for Freestyle, he has just never all american in freestyle and has not tried to make any of the world teams and he did not make the trip in April with the CBC team to Nevada for the Marines Corp US Open.

Not dogging DJ at all. Big fan, I remember when he played football, still think he can make the scout team in NFL and pull 850k a year. He could be a corner back in the NFL. 

we all know it is 2.3 or take a knee.

DJ is the best Illinois has released to MO. and they did the  boy wrong.  We are going to shut CBC down from taken our Illinois kids if they dont  get them the education they promised.

We want our  Illinois kids to get and education, that goes for Vinny too. 

Someone else coached these kids before they got to CBC. We love em and want to see them do great things.

We would do anything for one of our own,  everyone has DJ back. It is not about DJ.

On 6/27/2018 at 3:41 PM, spartanfan01 said:

Has it been proven that she didn’t qualify academically? All of this is a moot point if it’s not been proven that he didn’t qualify. I have no clue either way, it would just seem crazy to argue if I’m fact he did qualify and just wants to spend a year at the OTC. 

Trying to load it up. but I cant get it to load.

Going to OTC is fine, just dont tell  the Illinois kids at our RTC that he is  passing, so you can get more of our kids.

Pull the roster and sign in sheet at Illinois RTC. You will see, CBC and coaches there all spring, violating your  MSHHA Rules.

Edited by The_Shepherd
21 hours ago, Bulldawg Fan said:

Image result for guy waiting for something exciting to happen

Keep waiting and stay cool, smoke a little herb, your be all right. This is not about you  or your your boy.  DJ is loved and respected. BIG TIME. 

Edited by The_Shepherd
On 6/27/2018 at 1:10 PM, The_Shepherd said:

Wasn't it Plato that said "The most hated man in the world is the one that tells the truth

No, the actual quote is "No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth"

I am partial to Mark Twain

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

"A man is never more truthful than when he acknowledges himself a liar."

or

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

But Groucho Marx said 

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."

I guess being an English major and taking Philosophy classes paid off... ONCE!

Edited by northco
On 6/27/2018 at 8:07 PM, The_Shepherd said:

Can you put me in touch with Coach Flynn at WV? I dont know him. I will see Kevin at Fargo.  Kind of thought every knew Sammie was on the chopping blocks, kids leaving the program, hot coffee  in people faces, etc.  Sammie needed DJ.   Sammie  needed more W's and more All Americans.  DJ fits the bill for sure. 

Coach Flynn is a winner I dont know that Sammie leaving is a game changer. Coaches leave all the time.

Your saying he de-committed, that is fine except that is this enrollment and recruitment driver  fro CBC.  

6500.00 a year,  

26k for four years to become a non-qualifier .

That is exploitation. The academic achievement gap between black and white athletes is far to large in this country.

I'm not dogging on DJ,  i just hate to see athletes not get their education especially when the pay 26k.

I also know that is was someone's dying wish that DJ got and education.  So I am going to have to hold a grudge against CBC for not making that happen.

DJ needs his education, if he is going to gray shirt at the OTC, ok but it just looks like more commercials for the exploiting of African American Athletes.

For someone who pretends know everything.  you obviously dont know anything about CBC.   Becareful not to choke on all your BS.  You won the CBC hater award. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, spartanfan01 said:

Wonder if the coaching staff is talking and or targeting the Braunagel brothers(Althoff?)They could be nice additions to the upper weights.

I heard that they're already committed to Illinois.